Our future has been robbed

Went to the bereavement support group this morning and left feeling quite raw as realised again that my husband future and life has been robbed and our future plans and dreams have been robbed. We should of had another 30 years together. I then went to a bingo club with my friend and was told that a chap there has kidney cancer and lung cancer and has had it for 10 years and is on a clinical trial. My husband was never diagnosed with cancer and died suddenly. He was diagnosed with a rear saddle pulmonary embolism and kidney cancer in both kidneys. just 53 years old. I drove home crying and shouting out that it’s not fair. I wish I notice how poorly my husband was and that he lost weight as time I got him down the doctor’s it was too late. I hate this bloody life.

7 Likes

Hi Hazel I totally get what you are feeling I lost my hubby through total neglect from the local hospital whom let him lie for 3 weeks with a broken hip which took a great toll on us and especially my hubby whom ended up being crippled for life in a wheelchair it is a long story but all in all if it had not been for them basically making him go to hell and back with non treatment he would still be alive today so yes life is very very unfair and I too hate this bloody life sending hugs take care x

3 Likes

@Woman-50 I’m so sorry to hear that your husband was neglected and could of lived longer. Terrible. Unfortunately my husband never got diagnosed as was just too late going to the doctor’s. He put his pain down to a previous fall which smashed his elbow to pieces which mask his symptoms. Life is so unfair and cruel. Big hugs xx

2 Likes

Aaw it is so so sad your hubby never got a diagnosis because you are more than likely thinking a lot of what ifs? It is indeed very cruel and my goodness as all of us on here more than likely think that we have been totally robbed of spending our lives together doing those things we had planned for :frowning:
Thank you for your kind words big hugs also x

2 Likes

@Woman-50 yes all the time…I went to work on the Saturday and Sunday I got a call from my son to say that dad had collapsed. Time I got home he was gone. No closure. We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Yes totally agree with you with all of us on this group losing our soulmates. Just so very sad :cry:. Lots of love Xx

6 Likes

Bless you and no closure is so hard to deal with I just keep on saying “Why” goes round and round in my head :frowning:
I feel so much for you having just celebrated your Silver Wedding that is tough for you :heart:
Take care xx

6 Likes

@Hazel.1966 and @Woman-50 I too feel robbed. My husband wasn’t a sudden loss though. He had been battling prostate cancer for 3 and half years. But like you I feel we should have had so much longer. People are always saying oh but people live with prostate cancer for 20 years. Unfortunately my husbands was far more aggressive. I too hate this bloody life we now all have. Sending hugs.

4 Likes

@Jan17 oh I’m so sorry that you are in the same boat as us and you have sadly lost your husband also. You do wonder why our lovely men got chosen to have their lives robbed. So cruel and also you don’t want to hear how other people are living much longer with their conditions. Like you said everyone cancer is different. Some slow growing and others aggressive. Sending you lots of love Xx

4 Likes

@Hazel.1966 @Jan17 @Woman-50

I was also robbed sudden cardiac arrest . Always seemed fit & healthy & just found in in the morning after a complete normal previous evening. It’s so heartbreaking for us all .

I have so many unanswered questions but after joining this group see it’s happened to do many others , younger & older . Bry was 58, I’m 53. Just got my mum settled in a nursing home after a very busy & upsetting 5 years with her dementia & thought we could start to relax a little knowing she was safe & then he was taken from me :sleepy::broken_heart: xx

4 Likes

@PollyjaneW life is just so cruel. Sending hugs.

2 Likes

Life is so cruel… my partner was diagnosed with lung cancer last May, the week after my mum’s funeral… first 6 months on chemotherapy went well, then everything changed in February, tumour grew again…
Just got worse from then and he sadly passed 3 weeks ago… I’m just numb x

7 Likes

My husband had prostate cancer too
Diagnosed when already metastatic, and was told he should expect five years, three if he was “ unlucky”
He had 15 months
He died on the 25/3
M x

1 Like

@MaryMcG sorry for your loss. My husband was told his prostate cancer was curable at first. He spent 3 years having radiotherapy, chemotherapy & hormone treatment but nothing could stop it. Such a horrible disease :smiling_face_with_tear: