Out walking

So I went to the beach for an early morning walk with my dog and my own thoughts
Thought this would help me as walking dose it’s early in the morning won’t be many people about . Oh how wrong I was as I walked on to the beach so did other and each time I passed people or they passed me it was a couples holding hands. That was it I cried and thought why I just want to walk without seeing something to make me cry :cry: isn’t it strange how you notice these things and other things more cause we are grieving :cry::cry: . My partner and I used to walk our dog long the beach holding hands laughing and having fun. I miss him so much 3 mths and two weeks I v not been able to hold his hand on walks or anywhere :cry:

5 Likes

@Star64 I too love to go and look at the sea, it was my go to place to try and centre myself. However i too still find it difficult seeing couples together, especially holding hands. Tbh i get annoyed and have to leave, which is strange as when my Linda was with me things like this were completely invisible. That said i still keep going to the sea as when it is quite i do find peace…still looking for the crumbs of joy in a now joyless life. Sending hugs.

1 Like

I must admit I did feel like why are they holding hands then even though it made me cry I felt happy for them to still be lucky enough to have each other.
I understand where your coming from sending hugs back yes i will still go to beach always love been the usually find my peace there to or walking in nature

2 Likes

Very early days, it will get easier to cope. I’m sorry for your pain. Your mind will view things in a certain way, but the truth is that many bereaved people are all round you. I have found it helps hugely to make friends of them as they know the path you are walking. Loneliness is so very hard.

2 Likes

Hi all
I also walk along our seafront with my dogs and just stand on the beach and look into the distance. You see my husband said to me just before he died that he would see me by the sea and as we are surrounded by water I now wish I had asked him just where he would meet me. It is amazing how the lapping of the sea can calm us down and give us some peace though.

2 Likes

One of my friends lost her husband 15 yrs ago but like me she has her family so we meet up when we can.
I’m not big on meeting up with people I’m pretty much a loner as my partner was too before we met but we ended up loving each other and joint at the hip :grin:

1 Like

Isn’t it lovely to walk along the beach with the dog(s) listening to the sea.
I find things on the beach , I found a heart stone I believe it’s a sign when your thinking of your love one and something happens or you see find something that reminds you of them :grin:

1 Like

@Star64 Yes, i take my 20mth old grandaughter to the beach if i can every friday. She giggles and loves watching the waves, although at the moment, she isn’t too keen on walking on the sand. It lifts my soul to see her so happy. Will start to now look for stones.

1 Like

Hi there Star
I find it very therapeutic although at first I was constantly in tears. My husband spent a lot of time on our seafront (it was his home town) taking photographs.
I think I have seen signs that he is there though.
I like walking alone with the dogs but I meet people also out walking so I have plenty of people to chat to. I learned to do some meditation (or as close as I can get to it) on an isolated area of the beach. Closing my eyes and listening to the lapping of the sea was very restful when my head was all over the place. Now I like watching my dogs playing.
xx

1 Like

Ahh my partner was a photographer to that how we met I went to his classes he taught. :grin: I liked to meditate I m slowly getting back into it . Once summer comes in I’ll be able to do it out side again love nature been around me.
My chihuahua like to sniff and widdle :rofl: if he sees an other dog he will check it out to see if it’s worth playing with it :joy: he’s got a mind of his own and missing his daddy too :cry: xx

hi there Star
I agree Nature is a definite help for me also. I am a keen walker and have two allotment plots and will keep them going for as long as I can . Breaks my back some days but well worth the effort.
It was so hard trying to meditate and do Yoga again as my brain just couldn’t concentrate and relaxation was hard. Perseverance has got me there though.
One of my dogs is chihuahua x JR and also has a mind of his own but I love him to bits.
xxx

1 Like