Overwhelming Grief

Im finding things so difficult, i lost my best friend to Pancreatic Cancer just over two weeks ago, and i cant accept that she has gone, i have unresolved grief from losing another very close friend to the same illness ten tears ago, and my mother to Breast Cancer when i was a young boy forty six years ago. i have nobody really close left .I have had CBT treatment for depression twice, but with Louise’s recent death, and the realisation she has gone is making me feel what is the point in anything anymore.

my darling died in my arms 3 weeks ago. I know how you feel. we we’re together for 45 years I’m just trying to get through each minute each hour each day. it’s all I can do

2 Likes

Dear @Rydymymaohyd

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your best friend. It is soul destroying when we lose people we are closest to.

There are resources available which may be of help to you. The Grief Coach especially as you can have text messages of support sent to you.

• The self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief Grief Guide
  • Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This service is also useful for family and friends
  • Information on the Stages of Grief
  • Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through

There is an organisation called The Silver Line which is a helpline for anyone aged 55 and over. They provide friendship, conversation and support 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The number is 0800 4 70 80 90 and it is free.

This may be of help to you and sometimes it helps to talk to people outside of friends and family. This organisation is amazing, and it would be worth you looking at the website. There is also AtALoss which helps bereaved people find support and well-being. It may well be worth you taking a look at the website for support.

You need to take one day at a time and be gentle with yourself. We the Community are here for you, you are not alone, we understand the pain of losing a loved one. Keep talking to us here. Take care of yourself.

Peppers

1 Like