Pain of losing partner is getting worse

Hi I lost my partner in a climbing accident 6 months ago whilst on holiday. He was my true soul mate. I returned to work recently and although workmates have shown their compassion I have found it hard. I recently received the inquest papers which I am to attend in January and my grief has gone tenfold. It is probably the worse thing that can happen to anyone when you lose a loved one. Diane.

4 Likes

Hello @Diane6
It is the worst thing . I lost my mum 6 months ago and it isn’t getting any easier . Dreading Christmas and i will be putting a brave face on come the actual day . I don’t know how i am carrying on but i am . Sending you love and strength .
Take care.
Angie x

1 Like

Sorry for your loss my soul mate died 3months ago and the pain is still raw it feels like someone punching you in the gut non stop real hard.

I have not been able to return back to work after his death especially in the field I work in as for the support from colleges and employer forget that as they all feel that I should just pick myself up dust myself off and get on with it.

I understand how you are feeling about the inquest in January as it will cause you to relive the whole event all over again which will not help I hope you have someone to go with you to provide that added support.

Thinking of you sending virtual hugs.

1 Like

Thank you for your support. The loneliness can also be unbearable when you have lived closely to someone for so long. The conversations and laughter leave a huge hole in your heart when they are no longer there.

3 Likes

Dear Diane6

I lost my husband in an accident just over 15 months ago. Our best man is a former police officer so attended the inquest as family representative. There are no words, but please surround yourself with trusted friends and family. Each stage of the processes we have to go through just brings another hammer blow.

Take care.
Sheila

1 Like

Diane6,
I am sorry for the loss of your partner. My loving wife of 34 years died suddenly and unexpectedly in March at the age of 53, today is day 266 and there isn’t a day I don’t wake up crying, I cry throughout the day and I go to bed crying. My loving wife and I were together for 35 years and I don’t think that we were apart for more than 15 days in that time and to have someone ripped away suddenly it is soul-crushing and everyday is worse than the day before and I miss her more and more each day. I am dreading the Holidays and have told the few who still support me that I don’t want to be around so I don’t make them sad during their happy times. I can’t even handle the music and decorations in the stores as it was one of our favorite times of the year and it hurts.

3 Likes