Paranoia

Hi,
My mom passed away 2 years ago from brain tumors. I’m still working through my issues, & the loss, but recently I’m getting very paranoid about people I care about getting ill, seeing symptoms like mom had in other people. A symptom of the cancer was she got very tired all the time, before we knew what it was we dismissed it as a mix of part of getting older & doing too much, (at that time she used to babysit,) now someone very close to me who already has existing health issues is getting tired most of the time. The paranoid part of my brain that’s screaming at me, “Oh MY GOD! It’s cancer, it’s happening again!” Is scared of loosing him, but the logical side of my brain is saying, “Breath, it might not be cancer, it could be a side effect of the medication he’s on, it could be his existing health condition, it could be (& probably more likely,) his latest blood test has showed that he’s slightly anaemic, it could be any number of things,” but I’m scared of history repeating, & I’m scared of loosing him.

1 Like

Hi Pandaprincess

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. It’s normal for grief to make you extra worried about those around you, and it’s important to talk kindly to yourself when these thoughts arrive.

I’m sure other community members will be along to share their experiences shortly, but I wanted you to know you have been heard, and we are here for you.

Take care, Rhi