Parent

I lost my old account
I lost my mother in April last year and I feel like nobody understands the way I feel about this. I saw her take her last breaths in hospital and I am traumatised by this. Idk how to explain to people how I am lost like I’m lost bc I’ve only known a life with my mum I am only 20 I don’t know how to deal with the pain of losing not only my best friend but my mother as welll. I cut off my dad and the only relative I have is my brother my other family is my fiends but even then I can’t explain my mindset of I can’t believe she is gone

Sorry for the rant just my mind needed ir

1 Like

Hello @Abbiemanu780, I’m so sorry for the loss of your mother. After losing a parent, you may find that you go through lots of different emotions as you try to process the death of your mum. Your grief might leave you feeling shocked and sad, but you might also become angry about losing them, feel guilty or full of regret.

You mention that you’re feeling traumatised by watching her take her last breaths. It’s common to experience flashbacks to our loved one’s death if we were there, but if you’re finding these are impacting on your ability to cope, it may be worth making an appointment with your GP to see what support they can offer you.

You may also wish to explore bereavement counselling. It is a safe space that you can talk about everything you are feeling. We offer free Online Bereavement Counselling, which is held via video chat. Your GP would also be able to help you find counselling in your area.

Child Bereavement UK also support bereaved young people (up to the age of 25). You can find out more on their website.

Please do think about reaching out for some extra support if you think it could be helpful right now, and remember that you are not alone.

Take good care
Seaneen