Physical Grief

Hi . I lost my husband Paul 3 months ago, as well as the emotional pain I have been experiencing extreme fatigue, I am sleeping ok at night but during the day I am so tired and lethargic. My GP Sent me for blood test which came back clear. Does anyone else suffer from this. I am putting it down to grieving.

Hi I looked up physical symptoms I felt so ill. I do not sleep at night. I feel exhausted all the time. You feel run down. Or maybe you’re getting plenty of sleep and still feeling fatigued, due to the constant emotional strain of grief. Headaches feeling nausea constant pounding in my heart. X 5 months with me

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment, my grief is so new and reading all the posts has given me a feeling that I’m not on my own and not going mad.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support I really appreciate it. I know it’s only been 3 months since I lost Paul, I’ve got a long road to go .

1 Like

We’re not going mad but I agree it feels like i The worst thing ever . I keep myself busy with my granddaughter but when I’m on my own in the house it’s unbearable. 5 months with me I’m not back at work yet I only do part time now we both retired 3 years ago Mick 60 I was 55. I work as a nurse with Covid 19 still around I can’t face going back but will do when I’m ready. It is very early days for us I don’t know if it will ever get easier. Take care

1 Like

Hi there I’m feeling the same way the nights are horrible but the days are long I’m so tired and restless I just don’t know what to do myself

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Paul six months ago and I feel the same. Very tired and lacking any kind of motivation. Suffering from dizziness too. Also finding it hard to concentrate on anything. GP took bloods and checked for what seemed like everything but all clear. Think it’s all part of grieving.

I started to think there maybe something wrong with me, but after hearing your stories I have to put it down to grief and the mind not resting. We are all going through such a painful time and it’s not just mental but physical also. I am realising that I am not alone.

1 Like

Hi. I’m the same my heart races it’s scary, how do you calm yourself down…
Janet x

Hi there, I lost my husband three months ago too . The sense of loss is huge and scary but I find that I can do things such as walk with friends etc but need to rest afterwards. When I am making difficult decisions or doing something new, my legs get a bit wobbly which is tiring. When my heart is racing, I try a variety of things; pukka night time tea, reading ,a calming breathing app and a lavender spray. One or two usually work during the night but it’s important to find a routine that works for you. All we can do is keep trying and take things slowly. You are not alone!

1 Like

What’s the calming app please ? X
I totally agree with you gref comes not only with tears, I find I can’t cry just the heart racing x

First few months I had panick attacks it’s was really frightening they have lessened now but had one around special days like our wedding anniversary last week. I have to control my breathing. During days I walk my dog visit friends family. It’s the nights which are bad sleep not good. I read have a meditation app or just go with the flow of not sleeping much now. Sorry for your loss Janet it’s so hard xx Sheila has mentioned every thing we go through the lack of eating I lost 2 stone I was worrying my kids I do eat better now.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss it’s a hard road my husband was diagnosed with cancer in March when his bowel ruptured then given days to live. Take care x

Thank you for your kind words I can relate to most of them…the pain is in my chest, but I can’t cry just a bad sudden pain…I guess we have to go with it…
I lost my partner in March, I found him did CPR but knew he had gone…we were together 22 years…
I miss him all the time, like you say to talk to but it’s all down to me to do all things, shame there isn’t a group meets face to face.
Jan x

He was 65…
X

Yes I agree birthdays Christmas my first…they say the firsts are the worst…
Janet x

It is through something called Thrive, which I got a free subscription to during Covid.

Hi Kim and All. The basic cause of exhaustion can be put down to anxiety and or PTSD. If you have seen your GP and been declared well physically then tiredness and exhaustion can only be stress related. Everyone on here has suffered a life trauma. It’s what a loss such as ours is, a major trauma and it’s not easily seen off. Panic attacks, exhaustion, physical pains with no apparent medical cause all add up to anxiety. Without fear there can be no anxiety. But in grief there is always fear. Fear of the unknown, of the future. ‘What will I do without them?’ Then we may panic.
It happens that anxiety can come and go. One day we may feel better, the next day in the pits. Seeing your GP is essential to your well being. Even if you don’t want medication they can often help with advice. When you feel up to it counselling can help a lot. Talking your thoughts and feelings out to someone who can be objective is a big step forward. Bottling up emotions can lead to real physical problems, and that’s why emotions should be allowed to come. Try not to be afraid of emotions. It’s Nature’s way to help with stress.
Take care of yourself and take it slowly and as easily as you can.
Blessings. John.

1 Like

Thank you Sheila, wise words.

Love reading your posts amazing lady sad as it is but your right I had no choices apart from his coffin for Micks funeral to many restrictions Covid 19 lockdown. I’ve done a lot of thinking since like you I have paid, planned my funeral made my will so my children don’t have to worry when I join Mick one day xx

1 Like