Physical symptoms are frightening me

Hi jonathan123, Thanks for reply. Yes, I went to my GP back in 2012 when I was getting bad pains on my right side and was worried a case it was appendicitis. Had a scan which was okay and she just gave me some tablets that people take for heartburn!!! I do not have much faith in doctors I’m afraid. It was just a bit of shock getting it so bad again after many years of mild symptoms. It seems to take me ages to get over it as I feel weak and also have no appetite at all. I thought I had been coping well but it catches up you and the grief is just awful. Yes, of course have googled IBS lots of times! It seems to effect people quite differently and I don’t always get the same symptoms every time I get an attack. I think it’s mostly stress that causes my attacks but I do know definitely that I cannot eat a lot of fibre. I would like to be 100% vegetarian but then if I do back comes the tummy aches! Also cheese does not seem to agree with me. Thanks for the advice about the Citizens Advice I may give them a ring when I’m feeling better as at the moment I just can’t be bothered with anything.

Country girl. It’s highly likely that all the symptoms you describe are due to stress. Even after five years since my darling died I still get a tight chest and yummy ache plus other things. Losing your beloved hubby was so awful for you and these are a symptom of the incredible unhappiness that you are feeling. It’s good that you are doing some breathing exercise. If it would set your mind at rest then call your doctor. Of course this won’t stop you grieving but to know the cause of your symptoms might help. Do you have anyone to talk to about your grief? I have no One so I actually talk to myself. I have a little dog now and walking does help so if you can get some reassurance about the right chest and nausea and other things you might then at least be able to walk your dogs. I hope you are finding some comfort with your dogs. I am so glad I have minexxxxx

1 Like

Sorry for not replying sooner but I was a bit down with my situation. Totally understand about the IBS, I have a different condition which is either my kidneys or gallbladder or some such thing (many misdiagnoses including IBS which I dont have) but whatever I have it also does flare up and cause me to be bedridden at times and to suffer chronic fatigue if I don’t have little and often exercise I can be laid up for months. with brain fog and I also have migraines, spinal migranes. Not good.
Maybe you could get someone to help you advise you with the mobile, some are easier than others. As for the car if you ask about you can find a reliable mechanic who will tell if the car is worth repairing. Be careful as some people will try to do you if they see you are vunerable while other people are so genuinly nice. I think you are better at technology than you think as you are using a computer to go online. So do some research use google and research your wee car and local mechanics. If it is worth fixing then start putting a little away even ten or twenty pounds a month can begin to mount up and if you are able then maybe you can get a wee part time job cleaning or in a shop. it will be easier to get wee jobs than full time ones when this covid is over. And a full time heavy duty job will be too much for you. But a wee job in the right place will let you meet others and get a small increase in income. put the job money away and before too long you will have enough to fix your car. I am only suggesting four hours a week nothing heavy duty. But it might be something for you to look forward to. Also take that phone into a phone shop where you got it and the person should sort it out for you. They are usually quite helpful. Or ask a younger relative. You will be surprised what you can do. Of course if you are of pensionably age you could sell the car before it rusts and just use the bus once it is safe.

Hi Meebee, so sorry to hear about your health problems and that you have been down, hope you are feeling a bit better. I find some days I don’t cry once but others I cry and cry as I miss my hubby soooo much :frowning: I don’t want a cleaning job as I did that a few years ago and it was very hard work. I am 65 and have trouble at the moment coping with my own housework, gardening and walking the dogs etc. I bought the phone online from Carphone Warehouse. I may be able to get my brother to sort it out for me. Thank you for all your ideas though.

Sorry not replied not been on for awhile still getting grief from family, makes everything worse. I understand about the crying grief comes in waves. Especially as the world opens back up and you see other couples your age going about. I know for my mum that was especially hard. You definitely don.t want a cleaning job. What I am suggesting is nothing heavy duty but something that gets you out the house and meeting others when you are ready. I was more thinking a wee local shop and covering lunch hours that type of thing. Nothing where you are rushed off your feet but somewhere that needs a wee hand and you get to chat to customers even a charity shop. I know a woman your age who is retired who volunteers just a couple of times a month in her local hospital cafe. it is only open for a couple hours a day and it she enjoys it because it gets her out the house and chatting to people without being too demanding. Anyway hope you are doing ok or at least as ok as you can just now.

Sound advice, I agree grief and bereavement have a massive effect on our health, I feel so weak and as if I’m recovering from an illness. Its part and parcel of what our bodies are having to deal with, shock.

1 Like

Just to let you know you are not alone.
I too have no one right now and have been talking to myself essentially. But I act like I am talking to either God, or my mum or dad both of whom are now gone. I am hoping to get a dog soon as I know how much better it will make my life if I have a dog in it. They are a reason to go on and they give you so much love. I also agree about the walking thing the sea is the only thing that has helped me lately. Take care thinking of you too.

Hi Meebee, I talk to my hubby all the time now as well. I talk to his ashes sometimes about everything that is going on and I also talk to him in the lounge where he used to sit on the sofa. The dogs look for him and they think I’m mad I think! I do find it comforting to talk to him but I feel angry with him sometimes for leaving me. I thought he may have another 2, 3, or 4 years left in him :cry: I miss the everyday routine, now I feel all over the place! I do hope you get a dog, a rescue. They are such good company and I truly don’t know how I would coped without my dogs. They are a reason to get up in the morning and to get out for walks. Good luck finding a dog and please let me know when you have found one xx

1 Like

I will. Dogs or cats definitely make this grieving process a little easier and bring a lot of comfort. I have to wait unfortunately until I have sorted out my housing situation but I am working on it. It may take some time. I wish I had bought a wee bungalow round the corner it was for sale at a price i could afford but with everything going on with my mum I never went to see it. Wish I had because I would definitely have a dog by now if I had. I saw a gorgeous one today and found out the couple had only just got it and it was a rescue. I don’t know where other people get such wonderful rescues whenever I look I only see pitbull crosses and I know that they can be rather temperamental and I just want a cuddly dog. Take care of yourself.

Hope you get your housing situation sorted out. It might be a good idea to contact a few local rescues near you (Facebook is a good place to find them) and tell them the sort of dog you are hoping to find and they can then let you as soon as any become ready for rehoming. I always have small dogs as I have to be able to manage them both on the lead. Staffies make lovely pets, they are so loving and it’s a shame they seem to get bad press. There are so may needing homes. Good luck with everything x

Hi Meebee. My husbands car was in the garage and needed some maintenance. I rang the garage where we used to have any repairs done and they bought it from me just as it was. It saved all the bother of repairs and also not having to having to sell it privately and deal with DVLA. The garage did all that for me. Your mobile should be easily sorted. See if a neighbour or friend will check that the sim card is in correctly as sometimes the brain misses the most obvious solution. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Unfortunately our local village garage does not buy cars, they just do MOT’s, repairs etc. He still keeps telling me that he has someone who is interested, but does not keep me up to date and he is very difficult to get hold of. The car now has a flat battery and I cannot even get into it. I have messaged him to let him know this. I will will have another play with the mobile and see if I have any luck with it.

Sorry havent been on for a while. My housing situation is a slow ongoing process but it is a task that keeps me going during my grief that and my job. I worry about how I will be after my housing situation is sorted out. With that problem off my back there is nothing to stop my grief overflowing. Its weird using one bad situation to deal with another still it is what it is. Hope you are doing a bit beta just now. Thinking of you

A flat battery is easily fixed, it just needs a jump start from another car. Your brother may be able to help with that. That is if that is all that is wrong with the car. Sounds like your local garage isn’t that good. Look and see if there are any others in the area. Again with the mobile the shop you bought it from might help you out, Depends where you got it. If its a cheap phone and you have had it a while then it might be just as well getting another. There are two types. One with buttons and touch screen types. If you can use a tablet computer then the touch screen is easy. If you prefer buttons then you can get a simple one with big buttons quite reasonably. Take care