Please help

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me give me tips I am really struggling I lost my mam in April and it’s hard for me I just whish she would come back

1 Like

Hello Dawney1. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mum unexpectedly two weeks ago tomorrow and am hurting so badly.
I am so glad that I have found this forum. I think sometimes, it helps just to be able to say how you are feeling and to be heard by people who understand.
I find it helps to get out how I feel at that moment in a safe and caring space. Take care x

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss I can’t acted that she has gone my routine has gone I never got chance to see her before she died

1 Like

It is such a painful loss. Sadness for ourselves and for them for the things they will miss. Hard doing the what ifs as well - this can be so painful.
Not saying goodbye is so hard.
I am glad my mum didn’t suffer but it is just so unbelievable and shocking when it is unexpected. Thinking of how ordinary the last time we saw them was and how we would do it so differently if we’d known.
As a mum, I know that I would never want my girls to feel this much pain and I would want them to find a way through the grief and live happy lives in my memory.
I Hope to be able to find some peace with this in the future. Just miss her so terribly - it will be two weeks tomorrow.
Take care x

1 Like

I lost my mum in august 2018. The day before my birthday. We had 1 week from when she took ill to losing her. It is so so hard to deal with, and i wish i could explain how, but it does get easier. For me. I see grief as a giant boulder that right at the start is impossible to move or carry. But over time the boulder shrinks because i have rebuilt myself. I think of it now as a rock in my pocket. Its always in there. But i am more in control of it now, rather than it controlling me. But it is always there. Please believe in yourselves and take everything day by day - hour by hour if you need to. You might not feel it but we are all stronger than we think and the courage we find in our darkest hours to just simply carry on is amazing.x

3 Likes

Hi Dawney, I’m so sorry for your loss. I lostmy dad suddenly 13 weeks ago & im really struggling with doing anything other than go to work. I used to run & hike a lot but I’ve just lost the love for everything. I’m hoping that in time this will get easier for both of us it’s still very early days. Take care of yourself x

1 Like