Please just listen

Today I get a letter from a company that my husband had an account with so I ring them up. I give the account name and details and follow it up with my husband has very suddenly passed away, he said is the account in your name no it’s in my husbands but he’s passed away . He then said so the account is in your husbands name is he there with you ,I couldn’t believe what I was hearing three times I had to tell him my husband had passed away . At the end of the conversation I asked if I could make a recommendation and that is for him to listen to customers when they ring . He probably didn’t hear what I had recommended

1 Like

Hi there, It always seems to be that when you are at your lowest someone manages to just rub salt in the wounds & you wonder if they are really trying to upset you. In this case it’s a call centre worker just flying through their checklist or distracted & sometimes it’s someone who shocks you with a stupid comment. Other times you just brush it off but when you are emotionally vulnerable it sets you back. I understand & it’s good to vent.

1 Like

Oh not another insensitive idiot! Why can’t people listen.
The other day I wrote to one of my late husband’s clubs to advise him of his death. I had a letter back. It read “Dear Mrs (my name). Please find enclosed cheque for the refund of the renewal fee for the late (my husband’s name in full). The cheque was made out to my late husband!
Sometimes I wonder how such people get and keep jobs!

It really is staggering how insensitive organisations can be.

Yes Ann, I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. After letting a large organisation know that Brian had passed away I then receive a rebate, yes, you’ve guessed, it was made out to him.
I also keep wondering how these brain dead people get their jobs. I would have been sacked for such incompetence. Or perhaps they don’t have a brain at all.
xx

1 Like

It does make you wonder. Don’t they resalise how much extra pain they cause? Certainly, in my old job such incompetence would have resulted in severe repercussions. I have to say, I gazed at the cheque and couldn’t believe my eyes!

1 Like

OMG Kazzer, if it wasn’t so sad it would make you laugh. Are you sure he even understood English!!! or was he totally thick.
I started off being quite polite to these people but at a later date I lost patience and went to town on some of them. I was receiving apologies then. Too little too late I’m afraid.
xx