Please, my sister is trying to reach out!

My mum passed away 27 months ago, and my sister is absolutely devastated. She still has night terrors, sleep paralysis, her mental health is deteriorating, she simply cannot get over her passing. I don’t know what I can do for her, as my support only goes so far as we live apart and I have found my own personal way of coping, but we are both very different people.

I did suggest to try a forum or two (not this one, as have just found it), but they were absolutely no help what so ever and didn’t even acknowledge her, and she’s crying out for someone to listen to her, but no one would give her any time. This is the reason I’m here now. She doesn’t know I am doing this, but if I could get a sense that someone here would be willing to listen to her and maybe give her the support I cannot, I would be forever grateful!

Please, I really don’t know what else I can do to help her through this. I have tried everything I can think of to help. Anybody willing to spare some time just to listen to her or share experiences with her on how you found a way to cope, it would mean the absolute world to me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Seb

Im sorry to hear of this and your poor sister I am going to be away for a month so cant help much but when I return if she/you wants to e mail me private she can on here and ill try and listen etc

Good luck

1 Like

Hi, try and get your sister to start her own thread on here. There are so many of us in the same boat, and we’re all willing to listen and reach out to others. I’ve recently lost my mum, it’s truly devastating. If she can put anything on here, people will respond. I really hope she will take that step. It must be such a worry for you.

1 Like

Hi Seb

Losing our loved ones is devastating and life changing. It’s important to access support if you and your family need it.

I don’t know where you or your sister live however if you Mum passed away from Cancer, Sue Ryder hospices often have family support and bereavement support one-to-one you can self-refer to. Click on the ‘care centres’ then ‘hospices’ and see if you or your sister are near any and contact them direct asking for the bereavement coordinator.

If your Mum’s death was not cancer related their are several other charities that offer free Bereavement support (like counselling but by trained bereavement volunteers not counsellors), again this would be dependent on location. Cruse Bereavement Care is a National charity that offer all sorts of support including individual, groups, telephone, email, support for children and literature etc. Check out their website

https://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services/get-help

Hope this helps.

Take care of each other at this difficult time.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have set her up a username, and if you are able to send her a message, her username is Vickster7475 . I will also encourage her to post a thread :slight_smile:

Again thank you all so very much!

There is a new thread “Coping with Mothers Day” just started; this might help your sister and would give her the opportunity to post a reply if she finds that an easier way in than starting a thread herself.

Hi Seb.

I feel her pain. My mum died Sept 2016, it has been a journey for me to come to terms with it, I was devastated too and ill due to all the upset. I would be very happy to support her, if she would like someone to talk too. Walkers host a very supportive group course, it’s free too, where about’s in England is she based? Best wishes

Hi Seb

This forum is wonderful in my opinion. If she can get the courage to open up, there are so many people here who will understand and support your sister. You take care too. It is not easy being the strong one. Xx

Ann x