Postman

I love it when I get a letter, as I have today, addressed to ‘Mr & Mrs…’ it makes me smile outwardly and inwardly. Whilst swimming hard in this sea of sadness every day, it reminds me of who I am and, I bloody love who I am more now than ever :slight_smile: x

When I got back from my trip away there were two letters addressed to Mrs… amongst all the other stuff.
As I’d been away for three weeks from a house full of everything to do with my wife I don’t suppose it had a massive impact. I was dreading coming home, back to a home indelibly stamped with her mark on every square inch. When it came to the crunch it was hard to leave the house behind and then it was equally hard to come back. It is what it is. We are what we are. Nothing is ever straightforward.
Have you actually worked out who you are, cw. The new you?

There’s isn’t any new me at my house. I’m exactly the same person. Sad but, the same person in every other aspect. Letters like that one help to remind me that is the case. I’m my husbands wife and that still makes me smile :slight_smile: x

By chance I had a letter today addressed to both of us. I was going to tell them to take Brian’s name off but decided against it. Why shouldn’t he be included in the post, he’s still here.

1 Like