Procrastination

Hi YL, but did you climb Pen y Fan?
Its rare I seem to dip into the site these days but in the very first phase of grief challenged myself to climb to the top and remember it was one of those things you mentioned you would like to do when in Wales.
My partners clothes went to the Sue Ryder shop months ago but it seems like yesterday.
Time doesn’t appear to register with me properly for some reason, things that I thought were weeks ago were in fact months ago and vice versa!
Death of a loved one certainly plays havoc with the mind of the survivor.

Yeah YL, but don’t overdo it. I often have an appraisal of the garden and I’m lucky. I live in a community with three gardeners so no problems there. BUT I also appraise the laundry, the housework, the cooking, the ironing, the car cleaning and the shopping. You know, the list is endless. I realise now how little I did around the house other than handyman repairs.
This lack of interest is one of my major hangups. Well, not so much lack of interest but perhaps too many memories as yet.
I do get round to most of the jobs but enthusiasm is not a word I would use.
‘Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow’. You know I like that! Now I can say it to myself when I want an excuse. Thanks. YL.

Dear friends I may be off line for a few days, my tablet is refusing to charge. Obviously fed up with me moaning.

Speak later. Technology is fantastic until a problem arises.

Tomorrow may be the day for someone, when the sun comes out and it chases that dark cloud away. X

Hi All
Procrastination!! Oh yes… I am sure I am at the top of the list.
Almost 8 months… I am running two cars. (Which i swap them every two weeks.)…
My darling’s briefcase the jacket, pc phone, boots all in their place since.
Car wash only a month ago when I thought the wheels were getting rusty. 2- 3 year old…no rust at all.
As for paper work? Only essentials done.

These are in my very long " to do list". Which i seem to keep for Manana, Manana. (Tomorrow, tomorrow)
I realise now how much my husband did. Handy man? Oh yes, very much. That list is getting even longer and expensive.
MOT,s boiler service, door hinges attention gutter cleaning, decoration, taps now leaking, garden, you name it feels a mountain of things i can’t handle on my own.

I hope I will find that clear mind to get on with things but I sit and look hoping they are no longer there waiting to be done

There is always an excuse…
Love to all
De

Hi 12 Remember.
I stuck to the coast this time but I’m hoping to visit Brecon Beacons and Black Mountain area later in the year. I’m not sure my knee problems are sufficiently sorted yet. I’m hoping to do Penyghent soon and I will have a better idea then.
Time seems to pass very slowly for me and I’m probably grateful for that. I don’t want my life to rush by.
I walked several sections of the Coast Path using the bus network. Most days were around 10 miles.

Hello Yorkshire Lad,

You feel that the break you have had was you running away, whatever you think it sounds that you have arrived back with a positive outlook.

The task of sorting through our loved ones belongings is far from easy, dragging up so many emotions. I have sorted my husbands in stages over a few weeks, not quite finished and decided a couple of jackets will remain in the wardrobe in covers. A book Dave was half way through along with mementos are awaiting a memory box.
Tools are being stored waiting for our two sons to sort through.

I do hope your mind will feel much clearer when you have finally finished, it really is an ordeal that I can resonate with.

Take care

Hi… I’m exactly the same. I was trying to go out on my bike every day for a few miles, I’m trying to read a d start knitting again but haven’t managed it. I’m full of good intentions but there seems no point in many things now. I have kept the garden done etc. My husband if 43 years dued29th April … both my sons died … one aged 36 two years ago yesterday a d the other aged 33 nearly seven years ago. It’s such a lonely feeling. I know only we can make these changes but it really is so hard. I hope you manage to find a way through … love from me, Sue x

Pedro521
You have been through so much, much more than many of us I’m sure could have coped with!
All bereavements are tragic but to have suffered three…no wonder you say it is hard.
My heart goes out to you.

Thankyou … yes it’s hard and lonely and I am isolating myself …, others tho k they know what’s best for me but I don’t even know what to do myself. I can’t cope with talking to people much … life seems to have no point and no meaning now … Sue x

I found in the first three months after the death of my wonderful partner I became a whirlwind of activity. Our home had never been so clean and polished, the garden well weeded, projects that had been put to one side for another day were completed. My sister said she had never seen such a hive of activity! It was of course just to fill my mind with thoughts other than those of the reality of the situation.
Time has passed, almost seven months now, the frenetic activity slowed, the pain has not eased but I can cope and will carry on.
My heart goes out to all on this painful journey

Pedro521
I’m so very sorry I cannot even begin to imagine the depth of grief you have and are experiencing. The only thing is to keep posting as we have all suffered degrees of grief on this site and you will always be met with compassion and understanding even at your lowest moments.
From my point I know being able to confide my feelings without being judged or advised helped me get through each day.
Love to you.

Thank you … yes it helps to not have to put a face on it… being able to say how I really feel. I appreciate the kindness here … love Sue x