Question that needs answering

My Grandad past away just over a year ago two months ago I woke up feeling unwell as a couple days went on I started loosing the plot. I ended up staying at my dads seeing things that were not there. Hering things that were not there. Seeing things that were not there. My dad at the time was being tested for cancer he showed me the letter saying no further action needed meaning he did not have it. My brain just took over and i thought i was loosing my dad. As weeks went on apparently i wouldnt eat or drink next thing i dont remember waking my mum up at night. Worrying someone was going to die. Why did this happen ? How can greif do this to you the mental health nurse i saw said to my mum it was emotional stress from granddads death.

Hello @Rdenise ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling confused about your mental health and the significant impact your grief had on it. I’m so sorry to hear about your Grandad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex