REAL PAIN

I used to think that it was painful missing someone for a few days, but the pain is really there when the option of ever seeing them again is taken away!

The pain when this happens is something I can’t describe, it’s like the person you were once dies from the inside.

People say it will get better, in your head you think “it won’t” as you feel that deep dreaded feeling at the back of your throat.

Life gives you no option but to move on, never forgetting just being strong.

They leave behind so many memories, cherish them with your heart, because for now on this journey, you are apart.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing your poems with us, @Stargirl93 :blue_heart: I think lots of members will identify with your words.

3 Likes

@Ava2 hi, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. here if you ever want to talk, grief can feel very lonely at times.

Thats one of the reasons i write poetry to reach out and connect with people and let people know they are not alone.

Another reason, it helps me to deal with my own grief and emotions i find it to be a great outlet.

Stay strong x

1 Like

Hi @Lonely im so sorry to hear your struggling so much! I cant begin to imagine how lost you must feel.

For me i lost my little sister (18 years old) in August 2020 which is something i still can’t come to terms with to be honest.

Then in October 2020 i lost my mum too, which completely broke me and to be honest after losing them i know i will never be the same again.

But i guess we have to remember all the good times that we shared with our loved ones and hope that will get us through the dark days.

1 Like

@Lonely i think thats exactly how i would describe it " soul destroying " thank you for your condolences.

I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me, i dont know if you like poetry but if you do i would love to share some of my poems with you…they may bring you a little comfort

Its completely up to you, no pressure

Xxxx

@Lonely hi, thats absolutely fine, dont worry i respect your honesty, poetry isnt for everyone. Awwww that sounds absolutely beautiful!!! Its so nice for you to have such a precious memory xxxx

1 Like