Really Bad Day

I lost my husband at the end of June 2021. Having struggled on and chatting to likeminded people on here I have gone along with good and not so good days. I have ranted and raved and cried a lot and thought I was going along nicely when wham, this morning I basically woke up crying. I have been upset all day. Today has been so bad that I wished I had not even got out of bed. Since June I have never said that. Will this ever improve? I miss Peter so much it hurts. Is there a way forward?

1 Like

Sorry you have had a bad day. I lost my husband last August and not a day as gone by without me crying and wishing for my old life back. How do we move on I donā€™t know the answer to that do I want to move on I donā€™t want to forget Jim and all the happy times we had and I expect you feel the same about Peter . I to have days when I donā€™t want to get out of bed but I have to Iā€™m got two dogs that need me and I need them. Hope you have a bit better day tomorrow Mogreg this life stinks doesnā€™t it . Take care x

1 Like

I must admit it is very hard going at times. Sometimes I wish I had gone too. I have just been so down today I had to tell someone Moira xx

1 Like

I too donā€™t know how to move on. I think I am moving forward and then I wake up crying and can spend the rest of the day crying. I think my tears could fill a river. My eyes are always puffy and I look older since my H passed away. I donā€™t bother what I wear I just drag leggings on and a jumper to cover my body. I loved fashion but now well itā€™s not important. Iā€™ve lost enthusiasm for life. I go shopping and buy things and they are still in the cdd as trier bags. Itā€™s all so sad x

2 Likes

Oh Nel I feel your pain. Itā€™s been a year for me next month and there are days when I feel a little better and days when the pain engulfs me and I cannot function. I am trying my best to feel better and then I few guilty for trying. Whatā€™s the best way forward who knows but what I do know is that I cannot spend the rest of my life feeling this miserable. I have two sons four grandchildren and a circle of good friends who have been 100% supportive. Iā€™m tired of being sad :cry: and tired of thinking ā€œwhat ifā€ so for my sake and well being Iā€™m plodding on. I keep myself busy, volunteer and swim. Itā€™s not much but a start. Fingers crossed Iā€™m on the right road.

Much love to everyone
Georgina

There are the words I was looking for ā€˜lost all enthusiasm for lifeā€™. When Peter died most of me did with him.

1 Like

My husband died sept 21 and same as you been getting along with the bad days and better days. But again the same as you had a strange day yesterday feeling anxious, upset and really low. Woke up the same this morning had a good cry and been fighting back tears all day. I read somewhere that 6 months can be an important stage in the grief process where it can hit you hard again donā€™t know how true this is. The news is certainly not helping, Iā€™m finding it hard seeing all that is happening in Ukraine and not having mark to talk to about it. He was a big cricket fan so would have been upset about the death of Shane Warne. All just so sad xx

1 Like