Really wish he was here

It’s two years tomorrow since my Rob was suddenly taken from me without any prior warning . My mum has had to go into permanent care and I so wish rob was here right now for moral support . My mum is so inconsistent with what she wants ,she suffers really bad with anxieties around being on her own and has panic attacks. After a lot of around the clock support from myself ( and me still grieving Rob) it was felt that she needed to go into care and this is what she wanted too. After a month of being there she now doesn’t like it as there’s not enough activities she’s 85 but they do have an activities coordinator each week who does various things and the staff do their level best and still she’s not happy. If Rob was here she would listen to him and he would tell her straight but without sounding bossy he was a mental health nurse so knew how to manage these kind of issues . All I want is time to chill after supporting my mum for a year with her anxieties ( which got worst since Rob passed and yet she wasn’t his biggest fan) and getting to the point where I was breaking down and we were both at crisis point and I really think after all Iv gone through I don’t think it’s too much to ask . I’m going to whitby next week for two nights and my daughter has said get yourself off mum and enjoy yourself I will be here to make any decisions should any arise and I will make them in her best interest .

6 Likes

Hi so sorry for all you are going through . I have said since my husband died I don’t want to be a burden on my kids . They have a life to live . My opinion only . You need to think about yourself more . There is only you to look after you . You have been through the worst thing in your life . Losing our partners is so devastating . Heartbreaking . Our life has changed totaly and a struggle every day . Please look after YOU . I’m sure that’s what your husband would want . You can still be there for your mam , but she is in a place she is getting cared for . Enjoy your days away as much as you can . And try not to worry or stress . Thinking of you xtake carex

4 Likes

Kazzer
I think you should go away and try to relax. You have done all you could to support your mum. Now you need to give yourself some tlc. Big hugs to you.

3 Likes

Broken thank you it’s been a really hard year in more ways than one as you can imagine thanks again Karen xx

2 Likes

Carol thank you for your kind words I will do my level best to enjoy my time away although it be very short and I do trust my daughter to make any decision that needs making if any thank you once again Karen xxx

3 Likes

@Kazzer so sad reading your post. I really think the time had come to put yourself first. Your mum is being cared for and you need to look after yourself now. You need this time away to relax and have some down time. Big hug. x

2 Likes