Recent loss of a friend

I lost my parents just over two years ago, and now a few days ago I heard that a close friend had passed away. This happened the day my husband and I were going on holiday to celebrate my 60th birthday. And I now keep finding myself randomly bursting into tears again

Hello Rose,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your parents and your close friend, you seem very overwhelmed which is totally normal. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

Please take a look at the support services we can offer:

You may also find help by contacting Cruse Bereavement which offer a helpline, email support, and counselling and support groups through their local services: 0808 808 1677​, helpline@cruse.org.uk, http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hello @Rose131.

Close friends are special and can have great affect and influence on our lives, so when suddenly they are not there anymore our loss is very real. Our best friend died unexpectedly six and a half years ago now. We saw him nearly every day and then he was gone. I still miss him, especially having lost my husband 12 months later. I know he would have been here for me in my grief but sadly it wasn’t to be.

It’s ok to cry for your friend; I think they deserve a few of our tears. x