Recent loss

Hi all, my mum passed away on Tuesday she had COPD and was poorly but i wasn’t ready for her to go yet. Today would have been her 59th birthday and it’s so difficult to know now at 32 I’ve lost both of my parents. My dad passed away 11 years ago of a heart attack and he was 44. I am fortunate to have my siblings of which there are 5 of us, but we are all located in different areas.

I don’t know where to start my mum was my go to person and right now I need her so much and she isn’t there :frowning:

I’m so sorry for your loss. The first week is truly awful I found. My mum passed away unexpectedly just over a month ago. I have found the threads and the people on here a comfort. I hope you do too. I’m still in shock and it feels unreal. My advice is to take it hour by hour on the rough days. I’ve now lost both parent too.

Hi vicky,

I’m so sorry for your losses. I’ve also lost both parents. My dad died 21 years ago if a sudden heart attack. My mum died 4 months ago of a brain hemorrhage.
It would have been my dads 75th birthday today. My mum would have been 75 in 3 weeks.
I cannot accept what has happened and am permanently sad…
Like daffy said, its hour by hour, day by day…x

I’m very sorry to hear your story about your mum and dad.
The thing about our mums is that they are our go to people. Unconditional love and and ability to listen to anything you have to say. I have a family but even so there are conversations I will never have again because there is nobody else I can have them with and that hurts a lot.
I have a brother and a sister but I don’t see them much and it has been me with the extremely close relationship with my mum. I lost my mum suddenly 9 weeks ago and I’m struggling to get my head around it all and feel frustrated that I cannot message her anymore or just nip round to her house for a cuppa or something. I have people around me but still feel lonely and sad all the time. A huge part of my life is now missing.
It’s a confusing time and sometimes I just want to scream and wish it was all some sick joke!
I have my mums birthday just around the corner and I haven’t a clue how I’m going to get through that day let alone the rest of December.
Look after yourself and take each day at a time. That’s what I’m trying to do. I know it isn’t easy!
Shaun x

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I have just joined the site as lost my own mum nine weeks ago and I know just what you mean when you say she was your go to person and you don’t know what to do now. It’s so so hard. People tell you that ‘she is still with you’ but, even if you believe that, it’s just not the same. I try to imagine what mum would say to me all of the time. My little boy started preschool this last week and it was awful not having her here so I imagined what she would say to me instead. It was no replacement but it helped a little and I have found that, as the weeks start to pass, more often than not I would know what her advice would be.
I wish that I could offer some proper help and advice but I don’t have the answers either I am afraid. But I don’t believe you get better, just that you learn to live with it (in time) and that all you can do from now until then is take it a day at a time, allow yourself to grieve for as long as you need (and in whatever way you need) and essentially just survive. Sending you love and hugs xx

Dear Vicky,
I am sorry that your mum has passed away, you have come to the right place for solace and comfort.

Take care,
MaryL