Recently lost my husband

> Blockquote
Hey…
I can’t believe he’s actually gone. He was diagnosed with breast cancer at 30, it came back as bone mets at 31 we thought we had a few years… we got engaged in April after scans showing his treatment was working well and things shrinking.
6 weeks later we got married at the hospice and he passed away 2 days later :broken_heart:
I can’t wrap my head around it. He was so well in April. We were on the most amazing holiday in Thailand and he was great. No pain no illness nothing! We started talking about trying for a baby… I feel so cheated, I met the love of my life and he was taken away from me less than 2 years later and our dream of a baby was also stolen. I genuinely don’t know how I’m going to feel normal again. I feel like I’m walking around in a bubble not really connecting with the world or other people. I want to be alone but also hate it. Stupid things are getting to me, like seeing his name on WhatsApp go further and further down the list… not being able to message him or tell him about something stupid I saw on tv.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry that you have had to join this forum but it is a good space to be as we understand how you feel.

If you hold down on his name on Whatsapp, pin it and he will always be at the top. That’s what I did. He was always first on the list as he was the one i text more than any other, hated seeing him go down the page. It wasn’t right.

It’s hard but I get better days now. Not so raw and all consuming.

Take it slow, hour by hour, live in the now. Don’t think too far ahead, that’s hard and take all the help you can get.

2 Likes

You’ve just had me bawling. Thank you so much for that stupid little thing. It honestly means so much

3 Likes

Oh honey. I feel exactly the same. Found my soul mate 5yrs ago, was getting married this September. Died suddenly whilst i was on my hen do. This was 3 weeks ago. 35yrs old with lots of plans for the future. I feel the same about whatsapp. I delete convos in order to keep him at the top.
Feel like my life is over. My whole reason for being here has gone. I cant stop crying and i keep begging him to come back.

2 Likes