Recurring dream since my Dad died...

Hello…my Dad died suddenly in August. The past few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions which I’ve shared on other threads.
Recently I’ve been experiencing a recurring dream about my Dad. I’m in the house and all the doors are shut but I know he is there. I stand outside his bedroom door and call out to him. He doesn’t reply for a while but I know he is in there. I put my hand out to open the door, but can’t touch the handle…even though I can reach it. No matter what I do, I can’t open the door…and i wake up feeling really confused. I can’t imagine what it means. I’ve experienced some really positive affirmations from my Dad that he is still very present in the past few weeks…but this dream is different. Any suggestions??
Does anyone else have a similar experience??

It might mean that you are no longer able to reach him now. I lost my dad, too, so I have sympathy. It signals that your physical touch is gone, but, as you say, the emotional bond remains?

This is what it seems to me. And it seems that way, to you too.

Perhaps your analysis is correct?

August is very new. I attended grief support classes. It helped a lot because we all were on the planet of loss and that comforted me, like no one else could.