RVS

Does anyone find friends dismiss your hurt and grief after a while? Sometimes I mention my husband’s name and my brother and his girlfriend never comment. They seem to want me to see a GP and get antidepressants which I interpret as them not wanting to be bothered with me. It’s such a lonely place to be in now. I pay to see a counsellor which feels like paying for permission to cry with a stranger.

7 Likes

I’m lucky to have some really good friends who don’t seem to mind what I talk about or whether I cry.

I did go out with some who didn’t mention my husband or continue the conversation if I did, which was odd since they were really his friends. Someone did say maybe THEY weren’t coping, which could be true.

3 Likes

Yeh its as if people get fed up of mentioning your loved ones name ! Just cos they have gone doesn’t mean we dont think about them does it ! And we are allowed to say their name if we want ! If they dont like it tell them to go home !! Lol xx

2 Likes

Yes I have this too. Now if I do hear from anyone (only ever via a messaging platform - not seen anyone since his funeral, only my mum when I drop her to the supermarket and my brother when I drop mum home) I try not mention him… They clearly don’t care. The idd time I have mentioned him, I dont get a reply … But I have to read/listen about their loved ones? - sending me photos of them all being happy - I don’t need that.
I shouldn’t have to refrain from talking about the most important person in my life with others… But I do.
I talk to him and talk to our boys (pets) about him.
I’m at the point that I can’t be bothered to respond, but do out of respect in acknowledging a message, I keep it simple x