SADS

hi,
I’m new here, I lost my partner of 8 years in 2018 to SADS.
Before this I lost one of my best friends in 2014 to SADS.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had? How they are coping?

Xxx

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost both your partner and one of your close friends to the same cause. That is such a lot of grief for one person to deal with. There’s no set timeline on grief, and it can continue to affect people for some years after a loss. I’m glad that you’ve found this site, and I hope it helps a little to have somewhere you can get things off your chest.

If you take a look at the Losing a Partner category, you can see lots of posts by others who’ve lost their partners and will understand some of what you are feeling - please feel free to post a reply to any conversation if you see someone you’d like to talk to.

We also have a user called @Rach25 who lost her adult son to SADS.

1 Like

We lost our youngest son to SADS over two and a half years ago…he was in his flat on his own, there was no goodbyes ,no telling him how much his family loved him,and that is an image that will live with me for the rest of my life…I do not know if he knew what was happening, was he frighted,was he afraid it’s something I will never know…the only thing I do know that when I saw him in the chapel of rest ,he looked so peaceful…
We cope because we have to there is no other choice…I love my family and my son loved his family too…so for my son Christian we will live our lives how he would have wished too.
Take care xxx

2 Likes

Thank you for commenting.
Its so horrible, i think the same things as you. Unfortunately I found my partner, but he was alone downstairs. I always think what if i had made him come to bed. What of i had made him get his heart checked!
The guilt is so strong. :frowning:

Even now after two and a half years,I still get those guilty thoughts…and it’s so wrong,
If you had known what was happening you would have done everything in your power to keep him alive…try to think of all the wonderful times you had with your partner and just appreciate he was in your life xxx

1 Like

Hello
I am so sorry for your losses. I lost my precious 22 year old son in June. The cause was confirmed as SADS. We unfortunately are not coping well at all, we are devastated, he was the life & soul of our family & we are lost without him. We are waiting for tests now to see if it was linked to any genetic disorder. It’s just so painful to try & accept or believe he was gone in an instant :broken_heart:
Take care, sending love & strength to you x

1 Like