Scared and lost

Life has caught up… My mom’s 8th anniversary in Heaven, my dad passed away 6 weeks ago Saturday… Both no age… 66 and 74…sisters wedding anniversatoday too, her hubby committed suicide and she is grieving them too… Just feel guilty not being there for my sisters as I have for everything else life has thrown at us… Physically cant

2 Likes

Hi @TraceyTJW, I can see that this is your first post - I’m glad you’ve found us, though so sorry for the loss of your mum and dad that brings you here.

It sounds like you have been through so much, and the loss of your dad is so very raw and recent. It’s understandable that you don’t feel that you can be there for your sister right now when you are feeling so scared and lost yourself. Are you getting any support at the moment? We offer free online bereavement counselling if it’s something you think might be helpful.

I’m sure one of our members will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and we are listening.

1 Like

Having lost my dad March 30th I can u derstand your pain, its not easy and it gets harder; I can appreciate keeping distance because I did the same, I didn’t want family members to know how hard it is so I keep it bottled up. Ask for help and speak openly is all can offer as advice.

Never bottle it up it will destroy u

1 Like

Thankso much… This is all new and I will am deciding whether to seek counselling… Apart from bereavement its been a load of things over the years… My mom and I found my baby sisters fiance after he committed suicide… My daughter was raped and my husband had a secret family in another country with children…i was a teen bride and my mom paid a huge role in my life through all of this and although you have friends to speak to I don’t want too… Luckily my employer has been very understanding and I will most likely well need to really speak to a counsellor because dad’s passing has just been the last thing to break me when I’ve been strong enough all these years for everyone I don’t understand why I am feeling what I am…

1 Like

Thanks sweets… I know this :heart: