But now all that is over I have gone right down
I’m struggling to cope I cant stop crying
My heart feels like it’s broke in two
I have been in bed all day I can’t face anyone
Don’t want to even talk on the phone
I just want him back
I don’t think I can go on :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

4 Likes

@Dotty666 hi I’m sorry you are feeling like this I found it harder after paulines funeral I think the funeral gives us something to focus on once it’s done its like what do I do now you will find the strength to carry on for your husband he would want you to and for your children I relate to how you are feeling because I feel the same but I go on for pauline and our pets its so empty without them but the love we had and shared was so complete and the love of a lifetime some people never find that we were lucky and blessed to have had them in our lives even though it wasn’t long enough you are strong and you are not alone in how you are feeling so please get some help like counselling and talk to your doctor and keep talking on here there are many who can understand because we all feel like this without them I’m here for you anytime you need support or just to talk stay safe take care and just take one second at a time sending you strength and hugs

1 Like

@Dotty666 also its still very early days for you so it’s still so raw your emotions will be all over the place

Hi Dotty666,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed right now.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• > Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • > Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • > You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline .
  • > If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Dotty666, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Michelle

The day after the funeral was worse for me too - I think that it is for a lot of people. Sometimes it is just breath by breath - that’s all you can do. I found getting out into fresh air helped as well. You are still at a very early stage. Take support from wherever you can - family, friends, GP, counselling - whatever is right for you. The website refugeingrief.com is useful - it’s written by someone who lost their soulmate too. Sending hugs

Thankyou Jules for your support and kind words
I will check that website out
Big hugs too

Marie xxx

Thankyou Jules for your support and kind words
I will check that website out thanks

Big hugs

Marie xxx

I think after the initial numbness the paperwork funeral etc the reality that our soulmates have left us forever started to set in. We would then begin to realize the massive change of our lives: this new normal with its immense loneliness and emptiness is most painful for me now. I hang around in the streets at lunch time aimlessly hoping not to stay at home alone. I have no body to talk to most of the time during the day. At night I am all by myself without my soulmate by my side. My happy days were gone forever all I am left with are gloomy days with no hope for future. It’s really tough.

1 Like