Shock loss of my dad

I lost my dad 4 week ago and I’m struggling to cope with the pain. He was my best friend and saw me and my little girl almost every day and now I feel so alone without him. His death was a shock and is being investigated so I feel like I have no answers at the minute

1 Like

Dear Melirob89, Welcome to the Community. I am sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I lost my father suddenly and unexpectedly16 years ago.

Unfortunately investigations do take time and who ever is doing the investigation do not want to give you false answers in the mean time. This does mean a painful wait for you. Have you considered talking to someone or having an open online chat with a Bereavement Counsellor if you prefer.

Cruse Bereavement (UK residents only) online chat is available from 9am - 9pm Monday-Friday. On the community here there is a topic on losing a parent which will connect you to other members who have experienced what you are going through.

Take care.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the site. It’s a dreadful situation you find yourself in and not having any answers will not be helping. Our parents are special and when ever they leave us there’s a big hole in our lives and the pain is something different and out of our control. Please stay strong for your little girl and give her extra love, cuddles and hugs, you both need them. Reading others post about losing dads will help and show you that you are not alone. Take care and remember we are always here for you. S xxx

1 Like

Sending you love :heart: 6mths since losing dad unexpectedly and so sudden and the pain is unbearable, it’s getting extremely more difficult the longer it is without him and more difficult as it’s the first Christmas without him. Time unfortunately doesn’t heal, all I can say is take things day by day, hour by hour. I’m trying my hardest to carry on, losing dad has hit me hard. All we can do is keep talking about them, saying their name, remembering the good times…but allow every feeling to surface, allow time and space, and just go at your own pace. Be there for your little girl, and she’ll give you all the love you need right now. I hope you will get the answers you need soon, but try not to overthink and go over the whys and what ifs…we’ve all been stuck in that phase…it doesn’t do us any good so if you feel yourself getting like that, try and sway away from it and occupy your mind on something else x

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss! I can’t even imagine getting to 6 months without him how are you doing it. Everyone keeps saying it gets easier but I find it’s getting harder every day. I’ve gone from seeing him every day to never again and my heart is in pieces

1 Like

Thankyou so much xx

Thankyou! I’ve thought about talking to somebody I just know where to find somebody really

Thankyou. Tbh I don’t know how I have gotten this far. I’m there for mum and my sister (they’ve both got some health related issues and dad was always looking after them) and now with dad sadly gone, I guess I’ve stepped up and filled his shoes. I’m like my dad in so many ways and I guess I’m being kept on earth for the reason to look after others. Dad was the most selfless man I knew and I’m proud of him. I hope he’ll be proud of me taking care of mum and sister and that I’m doing the best that I can despite the excruciating, numbing, heartache. I’ve had lots of moments of wanting to be with dad, it’s torture, it really is but somehow we find strength in each day to make it until the next. I don’t think it ever gets easier, we just grow around our grief. I’ve had my fair share of grief in life, but to lose a parent, that’s a whole other level of grief, something I didn’t know I’d experience at this stage in life. I thought I’d have dad in my life for many many more years. I found this site and it’s been great for me as I’m not one to talk about things, I usually bottle them up as I don’t want to be a burden, but by coming on here and typing it out, it’s a release, even if they don’t always get a response, just getting it out on screen or writing it down in a journal is a comfort. Today I took the plunge and booked a therapy session over the phone (it’s not until January) to give it a go and see if it’ll help me. Counselling isn’t for everybody, medication isn’t for everybody, it’s not one size fits all…just try different methods and see what works for you. My crafting is my therapy, as is writing poem’s/journalling but I thought I’d give talking over the phone a go. My messages are always open x

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom week before Christmas and I’m completely lost. :heart:

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. I can relate as I lost my dad in summer 2020 and there’s an investigation into his death also. If you ever want to chat privately please message me. It’s so tough. Sending you love and solidarity x

Oh I’m so sorry for your loss. Thankyou so much I think talking privately would really help x

1 Like

ilost my dad a few months ago i never thought i would loose my dad so sooni feel lost heartbrokeneveryday is a struggle i miss him so much i loved my dad so muchhe died 2 days before my birthdayi never thought it would be this badi have my really days good days i feel alonelots of love peter

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Its the loneliest feeling in the world isn’t it?

1 Like

Hello I know what your going through I lost my dad and mum four years ago within in months it’s horrible I still feel numb now when I think about it, it gets easier with time u just learn to live with it. I do have bad days where I can’t stop thinking about them and days were am not bad. I hope u get through it and always do your best in his memory.

2 Likes