Sibling loss

I lost my brother in Jan, he was my best friend, miss him so much as he was witty and so full of fun. He had a spell in ICU which was painful for us. To complicate matters we think there is no will, divisions with other siblings, not helpful. I being youngest have had to organize and look after everything. Iv had to move bk to homestead as there is a farm, animals and dogs need looking after. One of my other brothers helps out. It has been the most challenging and stressful period of my life. Just hope I get through it and maybe get some happiness with my own boyfriend who lives in a different county

1 Like

hi @SparkMeg22, I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. It sounds as if things are really tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed. It can be a very challenging indeed, especially if you are the one left to do most of the hard work.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service, which I think might be beneficial for you. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Please do keep posting and remember there are others here who are going through a similar experience that you can connect with and share with.

Take care,

Mick
Online Community team

Ah thank you so much, yes I guess my head was all over the place, can understand all those sayings now ‘sick with worry’, ‘heavy heart’, it was such a blow to us. Just yesterday i did tell myself that I need to start making decisions to ease the pressure, iv decided to end my job soon, working from home at present but don’t want to sit in an office 9 to 5 and leave 2 dogs locked up all day. Tis we things like that, that is getting me through this.