Sister in law

Wasn’t sure how I was feeling when I woke up this morning, that uneasy unsettled feeling. It was when I got home from church, I realised why. I had a message from one of my sister in law’s to say that Doug’s sister had died yesterday exactly two years and one month to the date Doug died, the 8th.
We were all praying she would pull through after a fall in her garden a week ago. It wasn’t to be.
My own oldest sister died two years ago this month from a fall too.
I know some of you don’t believe in God or what’s to come in our next life, but I strongly believe she is now with her husband and her brother my beautiful husband Douglas.
Our church service today was quite appropriate as the theme was on the empty tomb and love, grief and loss.
We hurt so much and cry because we loved so much when our loved ones were here with us by our sides.
It’s been a sad week all round as one of my old next door neighbours passed away on Thursday after a long battle with cancer.
It was a beautiful church service this morning, an appropriate time to mourn and remember all our loved ones.
We all took in flowers to decorate the cross during the first hymn.

Love to everyone on this Easter Sunday.
Debbie x

8 Likes

Hello @Debbie57,

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband’s sister and your neighbour. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are feeling hurt.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

1 Like

@Debbie57
I am so sorry, you have had an awful lot of loss and it does knock you back down again.
The church you go to looks lovely, it is good that you have your faith and God to help you through.
Take care and sending you a hug xx

1 Like