Sister

My sister passed away 3 weeks ago and I am totally confused as to what I am feeling. I feel as though I have shut down emotionally and am just going through the motions. I then also feel guilty because I am not feeling upset.
I lost one of my dogs 2 months ago and was inconsolable but have hardly cried since my sister passed.
I have been of work for the last 3 weeks and I don’t know if I am ready to go back. I don’t want to let work down but I know that my reaction is not normal

Hello AM1611, I am so sorry for your loss. I relate because I also lost my precious younger Sister. For me it has been longer, but the pain is ever present. Shutting down is not unusual when the trauma is so intense. I go through bouts of uncontrollable sobbing, and then feeling blocked, something referred to as “frozen grief.” Your loss is so fresh, and you must still be in shock and disbelief. No one can say what is “normal” in grief, because we all cope in different ways. Grief is an emotional roller coaster and our feelings are erratic. Try not to judge yourself, and take the time you need, you will not be letting your job down. I might also suggest the “Sibling Loss” section on this site. There are many out there who are mourning their sisters & brothers, and can empathise. Take care. Xxx Another Sad Sister

1 Like

I have also lost my sister just a month ago, there is no normal to grief everyone is different ,take the time you need,I am going through days of crying uncontrollably and days when I appear to be coping but I’m not.Take care.

1 Like