Sister

My little sister passed away unexpectedly last week. She was only 33. She worked with me and was also my best friend.
My family keep telling me we all have to keep going. I know they are hurting too but I feel I have no one to talk too. It hurts so much. I can’t believe she is gone!

2 Likes

Hi, I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my beautiful daughter less than two weeks ago, suddenly. She has left two sisters who were distraught but are now in denial. Its is so very hard getting through each minute, hour of the day. I lost my brother 26years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. He was my best friend. I was heart broken, I totally feel your pain. The pain is so unbelievable and I don’t know if you can take some comfort that it does subside eventiually, I will never forget him and you won’t ever forget your sister. You just have to take things slowly, everyone grieves differently.

I found talking about him all the time helped me, crying, laughing and sharing stories with family and friends. Have you got any friends you can chat to? This group are amazing and will support you any way they can.

Sending you lots of love and hugs through this very traumatic time :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Oh AmyClare29, I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your sister. My Sister died 4 years ago, also suddenly, and at one time we also worked in the same Health Care facility. Like you & your sister we were best of friends and confidants. Our parents passed on, and I only have one unsupportive sibling left. A sister is a part of our life history, and no one no matter how close can ever fill that void. There is a Sibling Loss category on this forum that brings together people like us, who are mourning the loss of a sibling. Take care of yourself and post again if you need to. We are all here to support one another. Xxxx

1 Like