...Six months and going down

Two days ago I posted that I was at my lowest ebb…I was wrong…:disappointed:.

2 Likes

How you feeling today

1 Like

I feel like I am pretending… living the life we had, but on my own…in our house…doing the same things, but on my own…getting frustrated and realising she’s gone forever…that it’s real…not sustainable…I need to break out of this horror show…but I don’t know how…I am trying, but anything I do means nothing without being able to share it with her…so I feel like I am in stasis…paralysed…I’m having councelling and have talked about how I feel…but they can’t provide me with any answers…so I am just marking time…and feeling very lonely after 50 years. My kids and family are there for me…but it’s just not the same…sure you all know what I mean :disappointed:

6 Likes

I only lost my husband 17 days ago the pain is like nothing i have ever felt cant see a future without him :broken_heart: how long since your wife passed ? Sending you (((hugs)))))

4 Likes

So sorry you are in this awful club…lost my wife in January this year to a brain tumour after a very short illness. She was 66. We were married 48 years and together for 50. She took all my reason to be with her.

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss thats a long time i just keep telling myself they are still with us life is cruel :cry: its just unbearable pain and heartache :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Aw @UnityMan you used to write all those lovely poems for us ? Just be yourself … dont put up a pretence … but i know its hard ! I was talking to my counsellor yesterday and she said they are starting sue ryder bereavement groups so that people can meet locally together - if you google “grief kind groups near me” should come up … it might help you to go ? Xxx

1 Like

Thats so recent ! And you are doing so well to just be able to chat ! I know its an awful time … xxxxx

This page is keeping me sane in the evenings its less lonley on here :frowning: xx

1 Like

Thats good ! I didnt know about it myself until quite a while after my husbands funeral … it helped me too realise that there were lots of other people like me who felt the same at this awful time in our lives xxx

1 Like

Yes i agree its just good to talk some people on here do give me hope my mum says she thinks im a strong person thats down to my amazing husband but god it hurts so bad not felt pain like this :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Yeh they make us stronger dont they ? My mum said she thinks this site is a brilliant idea so we can all help each other ! Xx

How are you feeling and coping ? Xx

Not too bad today tbh … had a few sobs but better than normally on a weekend ! I hate them.usually !! Went out with my daughter last night and going to see my mum tomorrow! Its good to keep busy sometimes ! Theyre a bit miserable around here where i live tbh ! They keep themselves to themselves a lot ! Too quiet sometines ! Its a bit weird ! Xx

How long is it for you since your loss its nice your getting out and i hope you have a lovely day with your mum tomorrow thankyou for talking to me means so much :heartbeat:

1 Like

Its 7 months now … but its all a bit of a blur tbh. You go through so many emotions ! But just take it one step at a time ! We all deal with it differently xxx

1 Like

Thankyou hope to speak with you again soon xxx

1 Like

No problem. Night xx

1 Like

That is the best description of how I feel. You nailed the emotions :100:. Thank you

1 Like

@Cadge
So sorry for your loss. You are right to keep telling yourself that our loved ones are still with us. I talk to my husband a lot and tell him what I have been doing. I lost him seven months ago.
He is beside me always, love never dies.
Sending hugs. xx

2 Likes