Slapped in the face

I lost my husband in 21 and today feel like its hit me in the face. He was only 54 and i found him on our drive . Because of ptsd i had hypnotherapy which enabled me not to react to police paramedics and flashing lights .
I wish i could just hide away and stop pretending im ok. Hes the 1st thing i think of and the last thing every day. I just found these pages today after searching bereavement support. Reading the support on here has shown me that people understand how i feel… and thats its ok to feel this way.

4 Likes

Keep reading and posting, people do come along and offer so much support and advice. Just lots of people to share with….in a safe, non judgmental forum

1 Like

Hi @Finchy,

I know what you mean about pretending to be OK. For sure there are circumstances where masking is advisable but for me, I now try to mask as little as possible.

Masking seems to really drain my energy and it kind of carries the hint that somehow I am at fault or should be ashamed. Both of which I utterly refute. My gorgeous wife is no longer with me so is it any wonder I feel totally bereft and am not “OK”!

Best wishes to you.

1 Like

Totally agree Keep posting.People will respond with comforting words and support. Don’t be alone in all this We are all going through it so post whatever you feel like saying . No one judges you and we are all here to reach out to one another
Big hugs
Deborah x

2 Likes