Sleep/Food

Grief really is the cost of love isn’t it.

All of what you’ve said here helps me a lot today.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Hi @David10

I’m so sorry to hear about your best friend. It sounds as though things are very tough right now.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts when they are grieving. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

Sue Ryder also offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, David10, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Kate

1 Like

Kate,
Many thanks for your reply.I do get dark moments.Then I think of how hard John fought his vascular dementia and Parkinsons disease.He did not want to die.So in memory of my best friend of almost 35 years,I will carry on.Life is so precious.I miss John so very much .He was everything to me Thanks,again.

6 Likes

That’s great to hear, @David10 - thank you for sharing lovely memories about your friend, John too.

I’m pleased the community has been such a support for you as well.

Take care,

Kate

1 Like

Many thanks.When I am able to I will give a donation.
God bless,David.

3 Likes