Sleep

Has anybody massively struggled with sleeping and used sleeping tablets, just wondered if they helped to put you back in to a pattern after a few nights of use

I found they helped and they actually gave them every night which was the best sleep I’ve had for years! I’m now on 15 tables for 2 months.
For me it was really helpful. You can take a low dose and see how it goes.

I might have to try them, my mind seems to go into overtime when I come to bed and I can’t switch off

1 Like

That’s exactly what mine does. It has for years but it got worse after A died. You can’t distract yourself when you are lying in bed trying to go to sleep!

2 Likes

You can’t at all. It’s the worst time of day for me

1 Like

I’m a few months in but I avoid going to bed as I know I’ll start crying and feeling cross with him all over again for leaving me!

2 Likes

I completely get that, nearly 13 weeks here, 44 with 3 kids youngest 11. So many years ahead. I hate the empty bed. When you laid there you spiral

2 Likes

@Sah28 I had no trouble getting to sleep but woke every morning at 3am!

Once I started back at work I slept well
Then went through stage of sleeping a lot. I was so exhausted all the time. Slept all night then during the day. Grief fatigue is a real thing too.

I think about how long I can potentially live for, could have another 30/40 years! Sods law I’ll get them all in to.

If love to have a glimpse into my future to see if it’s worth living for but I guess my life will be what I make it.

1 Like

I am having problems sleeping but due to sleep apnoea can’t have sleeping pills. Awake at 3a.m then can’t get back to sleep. Exhausted most of the time. Last night was really bad. Eat too much yesterday so felt yuk and bloated and my arthritis was playing up so my legs hurt. May need to try and get some sleep during the day today.

2 Likes

On top of everything else my carers haven’t turned up this morning. Now over an hour late.

1 Like

I’m sorry you didn’t sleep. I hope your carers of arrived. Maybe have a nap later!

Yes. They turned up. She has been going through it with redundancy and forgot to set her alarm. This is the first time it has happened and they are all such lovely girls. All transferring to a new company with all the clients going with them. Even better. The new company costs a little less overall. May try and have a nap later on otherwise may just recline my chair. Hugs xx

I struggle getting to sleep normally fall asleep as you waking up :see_no_evil: then I don’t want to get up

It’s good it’s costing less. Nice that you get to see people each day as well x

I am the same. Trying to get up at a regular time but then think I’ll have a bit longer!!!

1 Like

My 11yr old is up at 7 every day he’s autistic so I have to prise myself out the bed, I’ll be tired all day till bedtime then repeat.

1 Like

That’s so hard.
Does he have anything over the summer holidays? Or do you have him 24/7?

It must be hard having kids at home. I have enough problem taking the dog out.

1 Like

24/7 my mam takes him overnight when I ask but she’s 72 so I only ask every couple of weeks. No summer clubs or anything. It’s one of the hardest parts we were a team, we met all he’s needs so well and easily together hard on your own

1 Like

Autistic can cover such a range. Whilst it must be hard with children I can’t imagine how hard with an autistic child. How far is he on the autistic scale?