Smiling on the outside, screaming on the inside.

Ive been smiling on the outside, crying on the onside. Sundays are particularly bad as my husband went off cycling, had a cardiac arrest and never regained consciousness. I feel back to square one today and so so sad and lost. I cooked a roast for my mum but couldn’t wait to take her home so i could lie on the sofa and cry. Take care everyone and be kind to yourself.

4 Likes

So sorry for everyone’s loss. I’m sure my husband wasn’t perfect, but he was absolutely perfect for me! I don’t feel I’ll ever look forward to anything ever again. Even if I went out without him, the thing I most looked forward to was getting home to him!

2 Likes

@Freefaller sorry you’re having a bad day. I hate weekends, especially Sundays too (used to love them). It’s 8 weeks today since my husband passed away. Sending hugs.

2 Likes

15 weeks for me and the loss of my husband unexpectedly, I too get flashbacks to the hospital, he had a cardiac arrest whilst I was with him at his bedside . The Drs got him back but he was so very very poorly they told me that if he arrested again they would not attempt CPR. My heart broke at that point. I stayed with him at his bedside and held him in my arms as best I could and talked to him , he knew I was there, he he turned his head to look at at me. and I talked and talked about all all our lovely memories, he calmed down so much and gently slipped away while I held him close . My grief feels worse than ever at present. Sending love to every one going this awful pain xxx

6 Likes

He’d been poorly a long time, so we knew it was coming. No, it doesn’t make it easier. He hadn’t made any meaningful movement for 2 weeks, but when he took his last breath, I told him I loved him. His mouth moved. Until the day I die, I will believe that he was trying to say I love you too, just like he always did!

5 Likes

So many sad experiences. How do we cope and learn to live again?

4 Likes

I call greif hell on earth as that is what it is.

2 Likes