So lonely

Hello I lost my partner 7 months ago she died of heart failure we had been together 23 years married 7 and she was my everything we were never apart 27/7 for the whole 23 years
My whole life has collapsed and I just want to be with her I have tried I feel so empty and like I’m in a black hole I can’t see anything
People keep telling me give it time but that’s something I don’t want just more time without her

1 Like

Dear Shaza

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult - I am approaching 6+ months without my husband - we are on a journey we do not want. I just take it day by day and when it really gets too much hour by hour. People on here know the pain that you are feeling - they will listen and support. If you have not already done so speak with your GP.

Take care. Will be thinking of you.

Sheila

Shaza, Sheila is right, on this site we are all going down the same road which can be long and lonely but you will get to the stage of feeling that you can deal with tomorrow, just get through today. Take tiny baby steps and be proud that you have managed little things. There’s no easy answers but you will find your way through and everyone on here will help, so please keep posting. Thinking of you, take care of yourself.

Hi Shaza,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your partner. It sounds like you’re going through a really tough time.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s on your mind. You can call them on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
  • Stay Alive App - is an app that offers useful information to help you stay safe. It’s available on Android, Apple and Desktop. -
  • You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, Shaza, get in touch with one of these services.

If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,

Michelle

Hi i have the mental health crisis team coming in and they are going to pass me over to the local mental health team so I can have one to one help I have mental health issues already and have had for many years and the loss of pat has just tipped me over the edge
Thank you for your text