So lonely

Hi everyone it’s 18 weeks the loss of my husband of 45 years is so raw
I miss him every second of every day, having to face the day to day is so hard, I’m alone
I know we all try to deal with grief as best we can, I hide away I’ve given up the world is such a hard place to be with everything that’s going on
My motivation is low I hardly speak to anyone, I’m lost
To all out there who are grieving I wish you well and peace xxx

3 Likes

@JDB hi I am so very sorry for your loss I lost my partner pauline in April its so hard without them and very empty and lonely and like you I think of her every second of every day its just me and our pets I only talk to people on here wow 45 years keep posting on here you will find support we all try to help eachother as best as we can my thoughts are with you stay safe take care sending hugs x

2 Likes

Hi, Many many thanks for you support sorry to hear of your loss
As long as the mind flows with the good memories our loved are always there
Keep going xx

2 Likes

Hello JDB so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband on Christmas day we had been together for nearly 30 years
Not a day has gone by that I miss seeing his face, going back on a phased return to work gets me out of the house for a few hours each day. But it’s the weekends I struggle with, weekends was always our time to switch off and do what we wanted to. I am trying to get by taking one day at a time. Today has been a bad day for some reason dont know why, hoping tomorrow will be better. I’ve made myself a little list of things to do so I will have to go out. You are not alone some really nice people on here who are very kind and helpful. You are not alone, take care and remember we are here for each other

3 Likes

Hi Mariej
Lovely to hear from you, your right when I returned to work I thought I would adapt to a few hours each day but I hate it I just want to stay home surrounded by my husband, I hate coming back to an empty house if you don’t go out you don’t have to return to a quiet lifeless house
I sometimes need someone to sound off to who knows what it’s like to be left behind so thank you for responding xx

I also plan to return to work but I don’t feel ready . I was made redundant just after I lost my partner so the thought of starting a new job makes me feel like I’m leaving my partner behind because noone would know him. I dont know what the future holds I have plenty of friends but I am so lonely he was my best friend we laughed every day. It is awful coming in to an empty house I feel like he’s at work I just cannot accept hes gone its been 5 months now I cant even think about him it hurts too much its like my brain totally blocks him out it scares me to be honest I am frightened to accept it I just can’t

Hi Anj12
I know exactly where your coming from, you have friends who will help
Unfortunately I’m alone so it’s tougher than I ever thought it would be
Thinking of you xx

Hi I lost my husband in January. We had also been married 45 years. I’m so sorry for your loss and can identify with everything you are going through. The loneliness is indescribable. We were together night and day and then he was gone. Every day has been a struggle. I’ve been told by so many that you never really get over it but eventually learn to live with it. I hope you can take some comfort in reading these posts and knowing that you’re not alone.