So lost

Dear AndyTJ,
Your heartfelt post resonates with so many of us. So many soulmates loved and longed for.
Thinking of you

Hi, I haven’t wrote on here for a while now. It has been a year to the day that I lost my everything. The wonderful man who brought sunshine and happiness to my life. The laughter the cuddles. He enlightened my life. I can’t believe it’s been a year, he has missed so much. His daughter graduating, the wedding. Another daughter getting a new job. A granddaughter going up to secondary school and looking so grown up. Me doing DIY. But most of all missing life itself. He loved life always happy, always smiling. I have had really dark days but I’ve come through them. I have had to do things that have challenged me. People say how do you do it. I say, it’s because Andy gave me confidence and strength to face life. I have kept busy to the point of exhaustion to get through this first year. Things still hit me unexpectedly, like when I make the bed knowing his side will never be slept on. Ironing my clothes and not his. When I’ve had a bad day and I just want to rant and he isn’t there to listen and then to make me laugh. Music has been a lifeline, Andy loved music. Makes me feel close to him. I can’t stand the darkness and now I have a nightlight. How things change and how we adapt through the hurt. I have just realised that I’m sat in the same place as I was when I first found this forum. Through this forum I have made good friends, who have been there for me when I’ve needed them. Thank you.

4 Likes