So stressed out!

Good morning all,
It’s omy Wednesday and it’s been a bad week so far, I can’t sleep and as I lie here my heart is banging in my chest, everything seems to be going wrong at the moment.
I have a fostered greyhound and he has been very ill and has spent a few days on a drip, I really though he was going to die in my care.
Last night I watched the news before going to bed and couldn’t stop thinking about those awful scenes in Ukraine.
My sister in law is on holiday and asked me to keep an eye on my elderly in laws, yesterday on mother in law had a bad fall.
My own Mum who lives 100 miles away was send to A&E yesterday with a suspected blood clot in her leg, she spent 6 hours there to be told at 10.30pm to come this morning.
Sorry to go on and on but it’s all getting on top of me, and I can’t stop crying, if my wonderful Pete was here I know he would calm me down.
This life without him is just so difficult.
I just wasn’t my man and my old life back.

Muldool

4 Likes

Dear @Muldool

No need to apologise. It is better to talk rather than bottle everything up. I am glad you have come here.

You have recently lost your partner, coping with a poorly dog, looking after your in-laws and your mum being in A&E is so much to cope with and it is not surprising it has got on top of you. Do you have family or friends that you can talk too for help and support at this time? Has your mum got neighbours that can check on her for you when she is home? This will help you knowing people are checking in on her.

Step back and breath. You are doing an amazing job. You also need time to grieve. Ask yourself 'what would Pete do in this situation?".

The news in Ukraine is depressing, disturbing and upsetting. Everyone will be affected by the horrific scenes on the TV. Just a thought to help you. Why don’t you listen to the news on the radio instead of watching the TV before going to bed? Images can play havoc on the mind.

I do hope your days get better, the dog improves, your mother-in-law is improving and your mum makes a speedy recovery.

Please take care of yourself and continue to reach out.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Oh my goodness that is a lot for you to handle. I am so sorry to hear that this has been such a tough week for you. It’s especially difficult trying to cope with so much on your own. It is totally understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed. How are things now? I hope all your loved ones are starting to feel better. Please be gentle and kind to yourself during this difficult time, and remember that you are doing the best that you can. Take care and I really hope you are ok. Amanda xx

1 Like

That is such a lot to deal with. Hope everyone is getting better and your stress levels have eased a bit.
Remember to look after yourself. Take care xx

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies, I’ve just come back from my 2nd counselling session and do feel a lot better than I did this morning.
Mum in law is feeling okay, just badly bruised, and my Mum has been kept in hospital, she has cellulitis, I have my 2 brothers and sister there to keep an eye on her when she gets out.
Dog seems to be slowly improving. I do think listening to the news on radio is a good idea, I do usually only watch lunchtime news.
I was really feeling sorry for myself and was thinking at least I’ve got a roof over my head am warm and comfortable but I know there are people in Ukraine who have lost loved ones and lost everything so I feel bad complaining about my life.
I guess things always feel worse in the middle of the night…
Thanks again for your concern.
Sending love to all
Muldool

2 Likes

So sorry Muldool, things can really get out of hand quickly without them can’t they?! Our beloved partners would always help, knew what to say to make things better.
I hope you’re feeling not too bad now.
You’re not going on by the way, we do understand and hope things sort themselves out for you xxxx

1 Like

I’ve replied to you at the same time you were replying! So glad you feel a bit better & things are moving in the right direction.
The situation in Ukraine is truly heartbreaking isn’t it xx

1 Like

Dear @Muldool

How lovely to hear you are feeling better and things have improved. This is great news.

Continue to reach out and take care of yourself.

Pepsi

1 Like