Sorry about the technical issues

Hi everyone,

I’m really sorry for the technical glitches on the site at the moment - just to let you know, these have been reported to our technical team and we hope to have them fixed as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Thats good to know
The mobile experience on an iphone:

The stationary header blocks too much content as does the “back to top” button

The image icon that was to the right of the trashcan is missing. It will appear and cause the whole screen to shake if you press down and hold where it usually is.

Some user’s responses are cut off on the right side so that only partial words show

The list of categories is gone: parent, partner, etc.

@EllDubs - Thanks for all the additional feedback. Yes, I can see some of those issues on an Android phone as well. I will pass all of this on to our technical team who are continuing to look into this today.

1 Like

Hi everyone, just to let you know, we’ve made progress on this and I think all of the issues you’ve mentioned are now fixed, other than the problem with the compose box taking up the whole screen on iPads. We’re still working on that one.

I’m really sorry for all the problems, and hopefully the site is much more useable now.

If you see anything else still not working, please do get in touch on this thread, or at online.community@sueryder.org.

1 Like

Hi Priscilla,

Thanks to you and the team for making the updates.

Just reporting in…

The above 2 issues are still happening.

Cut-off right side text is noticeable in private chats - perhaps it was fixed on the public side.

Ell

Thank you for keeping us updated with the technical issues you’re experiencing. It looks like a few new ones have appeared since our latest fix and we want to reassure you our tech team are aware of these and working to fix them soon. There’s limited availability in their team over the Christmas period so these are taking a bit longer to fix, but we’re hoping they will be resolved soon. Thank you for your patience everyone, we will keep you updated with any progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Can I cry myself to sleep tonight, can I scream at the world, does anyone hear my hallow heart, or know when the pain will subside. L
I am the lone person who wants to die, please let it be over.

1 Like

Hi JudeP,

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. Please be aware that GPs and support services are not currently offering face-to-face appointments, but will usually be offering telephone or online alternatives.

You deserve care and support so please, JudeP, get in touch with one of these services.

If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,

Mick
Online community team

1 Like

When I press on a thread to read , it takes me straight to the blue bottom of the page. If I press back to top , I’m taken to a choice of topics ,not the original one. Round and round I go

When is this going to be sorted,I cannot get the latest posts ,I used to press on the three lines at the top of the page and they would come up now nothing,press back to top and nothing. Surely this can be sorted.

As it is the long Christmas Bank Holiday, I assume the issue will not be looked at until next week at the earliest.
I agree it is a pain and makes the Forum more difficult to use, which is the last thing any of us actually needs

Thanks for replying,but surely there are people on call.
My Son has his own IT company and on call 24/7 all over Christmas, what happens if the whole site goes down.
I know we are not paying for it but we need it specially at this time.

I’m sorry I have no “insider” knowledge, I’ve only recently joined, I am only a grieving widower.
If the site stopped working I would hope that IT support would wake from it’s Christmas slumbers and press the reset button.