Spirits

I am just wondering what everybodies thoughts are about spirits and experiences they’ve where a spirit could have present. been If you believe in spirits, i feel it can be very comforting.

Hi Chlo. I believe my husband is with me all the time. I certainly feel his presence in our home but also when out and about. There is another chat entitled ‘Signs’ in the Life After Bereavement category, which may be of interest to you. Xx

Hi Chlo yes i personally believe our loved ones go on in another form,and have had many experiences ,since my husband passed in March this year,but also i experienced other signs after losing my mam and dad over 20 years ago,and i agree it does bring comfort x

I believe in spirits too. I’ve had several ‘signs’ from my Dad since he passed in May.

So do I . It doesn’t make sense to live for 80 or so years and that’s it. I believe our spirits live on after our earthly bodies pack up .

I’m setting off for a walk in Borrowdale in a few minutes. It’s a walk we did many times together. It’s special for that reason and I’m not sure why but I’m convinced that her memory and spirit will be with me. I’d love to think it was possible that it was even more than that.

I have believed in the spirit world since a small child when I saw my grandad after he passed away, always seeing signs in my path of various relatives who have passed. Seen my husband twice only as a fleeting image then on Wednesday I had an extra long shower, as I rinsed my hair and wiped the water from my face I saw him watching me, he was there for 5 or 6 seconds, it was a beautiful and calming feeling. I know he’s always with me and sometimes I can feel him put his arms around me when I’m really very emotional. I talk to him all the time and ask him for guidance which comes in the form of thoughts, I know they’re from him. The signs are there for us all and they can manifest when least expected. X

2 Likes

What a moving and eloquent post . Your final sentence sums it up…I get messages from my son Nick, not all the time , but often when I least expect it . I know he’s got plenty of other things to do apart from.talking to me , as was the case when he was alive , so when he does get in touch, it’s especially nice . Sceptics might say we feel like this because we want to, and yes of course we do , but there’s much more to it than that . I have absolutely no doubt .

3 Likes

Hi love your post,it brings such comfort,i believe too and have had many signs from my husband,yes i think i am almost looking and wanting them too much,like you say when least expected seems to be right,i will try to be more patient x

1 Like

'Know what you mean .Of course it can never be the same as when they were here , but I’ve had enough signs to convince myself I’m not imagining it / going mad and even though I don’t get them as much as I’d like (ie all the time☺) knowing Nick pops by sometimes and is aware that his dad needs the odd sign /visit to keep the old codger happy , is very comforting, as you say . Glad it’s having the same effect for you .

1 Like

I felt when I first lost my Mum she was very close to me all the time just quietly keeping an eye on me. When I was clearing our family home prior to selling it I was very unhappy and distressed. One day I was going through a cupboard and heard something click against it as I closed the door. When I looked there was one of Mum’s pendants I had given her hanging from the door. I had opened and closed that cupboard door many times and heard nothing so feel Mum left it there to reassure me I was doing the right thing. I suppose I must have packed the pendant but have not seen it since.

I am over two years on from losing Mum and don’t feel her with me so much. She never visited my home when she was alive which I think accounts for it. I do find however that if I am unhappy or as recently not well her presence is close. I have a photograph of Mum by my bed taken at a party and that is how I remember her always in the absence of seeing her.

3 Likes

Can we believe in God and the spirit world at the same time? I believe I have experienced signs but I believe in God do they not conflict each other.

Hi Stevie
In my opinion of course you can ,i was baptised a catholic,i also go to the spiritualist church and i believe in Spirit.Life is just about being a good person,kind ,compassionate,as long as you try your best Stevie i’m sure that,s good enough,regardless of religion. x

1 Like

Is the Holy Ghost not the same as the Holy Spirit? My understanding of Christian faith is that God sent his only Son,Jesus, and the Holy Ghost to Earth to do his work with us mortals. I view this not as a ghost who haunts us but a ghost who spreads his essence on us. Our beloved do that too - and they target us - their beloveds. I see God’s work around me every day - in nature and in people, including my own inner strength. I believe that God’s love enables me to cope with my devastation. I do believe in signs - but you need to be receptive and discerning and you need to know your lost one as theyvalone will determine the type of sign they choose to give you. No need to reply to my thought process - just trying to make sense of this situation I find myself in ( as a very unwilling participant). Religious thoughts are very emotive and I do not want to offend anyone. X

1 Like

I understand cristal. Im the same i don’t want to push any buttons just trying to make sense of it all x
At the end of the day I just want to see her again. Xxx

Morning Stevie, you’re lovely wife is with you always, some people only see their departed loved ones when they are in dreamstate, sometimes you wake and recall the dreams in their entirety, other times they’re recalled in snippits as the day progresses.

We all try far too hard to see them, and it’s very difficult not to. At night just as you’re about to go to sleep ask her to lie by you, I do this every night, some nights I.can sense Alan, other nights he visits as I drift into dreamstate.

We all have another ability, but probably this isn’t the place to discuss it.

A little meditation works, when the mind is quiet, we become more receptive.

Sorry if I’m confusing you Stevie,

Hi Stevie
On another thread i can’t find you were asking about books to help you make some sense and give you some insight into Spirit.
Kate named some ,here’s some more
Heaven Therapy by Ross Bartlett
Earth Angel by Ross Bartlett
Dying to be me by Anita Moorjani
Life After Life by Raymond A Moody
The Joseph Communications Your Life After Death by Michael G Reccia
Bridging two realms by John Holland
Always By Your Side by Gaynor Carrillo
There are many books on the subject .
I mainly buy from amazon as i have free delivery with Prime and i do prefer to hold a book instead of reading on a kindle,but everyone has different preferences.xx

Many thanks Robina x

Just to add Stevie if you search Quantum physics and spirituality on the web,it will bring up lots of info to search through and read,it speaks of energy and consciousness,which is the whole reality behind Spirit’s existence,and continued survival.Hope this help’s xx

I confess, I am desperate for signs, yet at the same time I can’t fully ditch my scepticism.

I experienced one sign - or did I ? - a few weeks ago, which I mentioned here on the forum. It was potentially significant because there were two witnesses, my daughter and adult granddaughter. We had been playing around with an Echo Dot, trying to see what answers it might give to daft, unanswerable questions. After a while, it seemed to stop responding, and in the mood of the moment I just said “Alexa ! Stop sulking !” Then it started playing, “Come On Eileen”’ my dear wife’s name. I had often, over the years, told her not to sulk (though I must have given her plenty of reason.” She said the same to me, but, of course, men don’t sulk, do we ?
Of course not. We just have dignified contemplative silences.
Well, I was rather hoping that there would be a flood of signs from then on, but it doesn’t really seem to have happened. A few odd things have occurred, but I say to myself that I am constructing an explanation of supernatural intervention onto a mere, not terribly unusual, circumstance.
Here’s an example: I haven’t yet got round to bunging Christmas decorations back in the attic, but I was looking at them yesterday and telling myself I really needed to get off my backside. Tomorrow, yes, definitely tomorrow.
Well, I got up this morning, stepped out onto the landing . . . . and the attic hatch door was open. Yes, yes, it has happened before, though very rarely, but that it should happen directly after my thinking about it is quite a coincidence. Coincidence? Or Eileen saying, “Come On, Lad, pull your socks up” ?

This morning I got back to the car with the dogs, all soaking wet, reached in pocket for car keys and found that a small multi tool penknife thing which is always attached to my key ring had come separated. The split rings which connect them are robust and of good quality, still present, and showing no sign of any damage.
I really can’t think what this may have portended, if anything, but now almost anything which occurs without obvious reason is mind fodder for a “sign”. If you are anxious for such contact, then won’t you be prone to reading more into such events than you should ? Wish fulfillment ?