Still not coping after loss of my Dad

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and hoping to seek some form of comfort that this feeling of emptiness is normal 11 months after losing Dad.

Dad was a strong man, never got Ill and and on Dec 12th 2016 went into hospital and we found out he had Cancer. After a gruelling 6 weeks of watching him deteriorate and in pain we lost him on the 26th Jan. The first few months were consumed with funeral arrangements, making sure Mum was ok as she’s disabled, and it’s only been recent months where I feel I can finally grieve.

I have good days and bad days but the time is near when he went into hospital then of course it Christmas. I just wish I could fall to sleep for the next 2 months and wake up and it all be over with.

Janine

Hello Janine
I so feel for you there are no words to make you feel better unfortunately I so wish there were…
But your feelings of total emptiness are completely normal…
All you can do is take tiny steps, be kind to yourself and take a day at a time…and try to keep busy…
I lost my wonderful Dad Aug 2016 after being diagnosed only fourteen weeks earlier, he was my absolute hero and I am still in disbelief that he isn’t with me/us anymore…there is no feeling like it…
How can someone so strong be gone within weeks and to see them suffer is horrendous…
Suffice to say all we can do is try to keep strong and do the best we can in their memory…
It’s so hard but I am sure your lovely Dad would be very proud of you, …
Take care and be kind to yourself
Claire…