Still trying to a way

Tonight my son asked where his mummy is. It’s been 6 months now and this was the first time I’ve actually told him she’s died. Please don’t misunderstand I wasn’t keeping it from him, he’s four and has additional needs especially with his speech and language. I know he didn’t get what I was saying no matter how simple I kept it which I expected. It just doesn’t make it hurt any less,
If anything it makes it worse that his mum won’t ever be there to see him grow up and make his own way in life and he just has no idea, one day she was here playing with him on the couch and the next she was gone. I’ve had to fight through tears just to type this up but this felt like a moment I had to express and get out in the open.

8 Likes

Oh, I am so very, very sorry you are having to go through this dreadful pain.
Such a devastating, heartbreaking loss for you all.
I hope writing it down has helped you a little.

1 Like

Hello Ish

I’m so sorry for your loss and the pain if trying to tell your son. Losing your husband or wife is so devastating, heartbreaking and painful but to have such a young child and deal with their loss must be even more painful. My heart goes out to you and your family. it sounds like you are a great father who cares deeply for your son, together you’ll find your way forward small steps at a time. Keep writing on here and you’ll find getting your feelings out and listened too without any judgements really positive and supportive

Karen

1 Like