Struggling to carry on

It started with the loss of my dad suddenly 10 years ago , it bought me and my 2 older sisters closer as they had lost their dad couple years before. And we had to care for mum , last October my eldest sister been ill with a bug , she was found unconscious by her children and rushed to hospital , she died the next day , Leaving me and my sister distraught , we became like one , then she collapsed in April , within 2 days we were told she had terminal cancer , and died 8 weeks later , I had not got over my other sister , and now there were 8 nieces and nephews without their mums , I am the only auntie left , My mother has dementia so can’t talk to her about any of it , and I can’t move on , I find myself just crying and asking why every day , just don’t know how to cope with it all , my husband has been so supportive but it’s not enough , they were both young 63 abd 58 , we should have grown old together .

Hi,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your dad and your sisters, and are caring for your mum with dementia - it is not surprising that you are struggling.

It’s important to be kind to yourself and allow yourself to grieve - try not to bottle things up. A lot of people find that writing things down on this site is a good outlet for them. We have lots of users here who are dealing with grief, and you will see that you aren’t alone in how you are feeling.

I’ve found some other recent posts that you might be interested to read and reply to:

If there’s anything I can help with or you have any questions about the Online Community, just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager