Struggling to cope after losing mum

Lost my mum back in February. She was 57, I was 25. She had a brain tumour for 14 years and I cared for her right until the end. I’ve felt so lost since but ploughed myself into a new job which I absolutely love. It’s her birthday on Monday and I am finding I can’t cope. I’ve not accepted that I will never see her again. I just brush it to the back of mind and get on with it but lately I can’t do that. I can’t hold my emotions in and they just come flooding out. I’m a mess. Everyone tells me it will get easier but I can’t see it getting any easier. There is a massive hole in my life and I will never be able to fill it - not that I will ever want too. I guess I’m just really struggling right now.

Hi Emily, sorry to hear about your Mum. You star for looking after her for as long as you did.

Pleased you are enjoying your new job - it musn’t have been easy with all the changes that occurred (losing your mum).

I feel like I too lately can’t just ‘get on with it’ as I had been doing. I lost my Dad in May and it was very unexpected. I’m crying a lot more now than I was. Damn, I miss him.

Hope you can find some comfort on this forum. I started using it a week or so again and I’m finding it really comforting.

I know it’s really not much to go by, but how about pouring yourself a nice cup of tea / coffee? I think that’s on the cards for me. Oh God - Help! hahaha!

Hope today picks up for you.
Xx

Hi Steph,
Thanks for your kind words!
The new job has been a great distraction but it doesn’t fix things does it. I work supporting others now, I want to be there for those who may not have the help that my mum did. I love it but it does pull on the heart strings.
I’m sorry to hear about your dad. It’s hard losing someone so close isn’t it. I’m crying a lot too, literally anything sets me off at the moment. I suppose it’s all part of the grieving process.
A cup of tea sounds perfect. I’ll join you on that one!
Hope you are having a lovely day xx

Oh yes… a distraction. I know all about those. It’s hard not to be so distracted though when you have so much stuff to sort out. Who knew somebody dying would involve so much?! Think having to deal with the coroner hasn’t help my load though.

Aww bless you, I bet it does pull on your heart strings. But what a great feeling to be able to be there for someone. I bet you can feel so mixed about it, I know I would. Good on you though. You’re doing a good deed everyday when helping those who need it the most! You Mum would be proud.

Enjoy your cuppa

Xx

No I couldn’t believe how much stuff there is to organise when someone passes away… it’s mental!

Oh its definitely a rewarding job for sure. Thank you :slight_smile:

You enjoy yours too xx