Struggling today

I woke up this morning and started to sort out my husbands paperwork. So far I have sorted 7 boxes. Probably another 30 to go. I have started crying and just can’t stop. I miss him so much. Just need some support x

2 Likes

Remember one box at a time… you got this :muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Thanks Jess. Hope your doing okay. What’s your story xx

1 Like

I lost my dad about three weeks ago, so it’s been hard lately. I went to my dads house yesterday and had to pack up a few things and it was hard, I broke down in the evening when I got home

2 Likes

Hi I’m sorry for your loss, I lost my lovely husband five months ago and I still haven’t sorted his stuff out, I say just do a little at a time it’s so emotionally exhausting and memories all around, there’s no rush that’s what I’ve found, there’s so much time and yet when my husband was ill it seems that we had little time life is so cruel sending love and hugs xx

1 Like

Crying is good and when my husband died November 2020 I just couldn’t stop crying every day, which went on for months. You don’t have to work through all those boxes at once of course. Yes that was the worst time for me going through documents and photos. I’ve felt better more recently. I’m involved in several things outside the home and I’ve started to push myself out into the world, but I’ve kept a steadying routine.
Wish you peace and love

2 Likes