Struggling today

Does anyone else think they are ok ,then any little thing will just tip you over the edge into tears?!? Mum passed away in August , and it’s been such a rollercoaster of emotions from one minute to the next it seems. I seem unable to cope at all with my 2 teenage daughters. I think I am literally putting all my strength and effort into functioning and have nothing left for everyone else . :pensive:

3 Likes

Yes that describes me perfectly. I plucked up the courage to meet my sister from work. I rang her to let her know I was waiting downstairs and she must have experienced a bad morning as she snapped down the phone. That was all it took and I was in floods of tears. My emotions are on the edge and the slightest thing makes me cry. You are not alone x

2 Likes

Dear @Sarah22

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. What you are going through is perfectly normal and part of the grieving process. Have you considered one to one counselling and talking to your GP for support and referral for Counselling and to see if there are Counselling/Support groups in your local area?

Sue Ryder here offer Counselling and support.

Please do not feel you are alone. There are other organisations that can offer support and help. If you would like more information please email online.community@sueryder.org

Take care and continue to reach out.

Pepsi

Hi Pepsi,
Thanks for your kind words. Yes I actually rang my doctor this week and also reached out to Cruse councelling. They have a waiting list for telephone councelling,so I thought I would join this forum. It’s nice to know that I am not alone,and it really helps to talk to people who understand

2 Likes

Dear @Sarah22

You are welcome. That is good to hear you have reached out to your GP and Cruse Bereavement. There is a topic here Losing a Parent which will connect you to community members who have experienced what you are going through.

Keep in touch here and keep reaching out. There is so much love and support on this community you will never be alone. Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Hi @Sarah22, This is what I can still be like. I lost my dad at the end of April last year, didn’t reach out for counselling until the October/ November of last year. It does help but even now one day I’m fine and then the next I just feel the rush of emotions coming back and I find myself having a cry and struggling to shake of the sadness. One of the best things is this forum, it’s reassuring to know that so many others have also suffered heartache and everyone reacts differently to what’s gone on. Everyone is understanding, just remember you aren’t alone :heart:

1 Like