Struggling today

My mum passed away on Monday,so things are very raw still,but today has been my worse day so far.I haven’t been able to stop crying,My doctor prescribe diazepam,but I am worried about taking them as in the leaflet with them it says ,should not be prescribed to someone who suffered recent bereavement,and I’m having enough bad thoughts already without them making things worse.I’m also waiting for a referral for counselling,but I just can’t switch off,I don’t know how I’m going to cope,the future seems like a black hole and one I can’t get out of.

2 Likes

I was given like 2mg dose of diazepam just to take the edge off and although it helped me a couple of times I didn’t find it an awful help tbh but it may help a little for tonight x

Hoping your counselling appt will come through soon. I’m not sure what to expect from them tbh but can’t feel any worse :woman_shrugging: x

I hate to think of someone feeling like you do as I know how I feel when I’m on my own for too long and like you feel like I am looking into an abyss.

Talk anytime you want.

Suzanne x

1 Like

I may give them a go,I just worry I’d be tempted to swallow the lot.

I’m hoping the appointment comes through soon as I think it will
Help me.
Thank you for caring ,your messages really help me xx

1 Like

@Bookworm please take one day, one hour or even one minute at a time. You can do this!

2 Likes

Funny you say that @CIT cause I was speaking to someone today and she said pretty much same…if you can get passed 30 mins then you are doing amazing…she said don’t expect so much from ourselves and take pride in achieving small step x

1 Like

@Suzanne30. Absolutely, bereavement is probably the biggest thing we’ll have to deal with and we expect ourselves to get on with it. I think we should talk to ourselves like we’d talk to a friend, we’d be kinder then.

2 Likes

@CIT Thank you I hope so ,I’m scared,I’m lost and I miss my mum so much,this group is the one thing that is helping x

2 Likes

@Bookworm if you get really desperate please remember the Samaritans are available 24 hours a day on 116 123

2 Likes

Thank you,talking I find helps so much x