Struggling today

Life us so cruel when u lose yr wife or husband & the loneliness is a killer, as u really think they r there when u walk through the door or they r coming home after work.
& its takes a hell of alot of ajusting.
As i know after 5 years i still miss my husband.
Take care

2 Likes

What a shame they dont understand what u r going through.
Grief is hell day & night.
It seems never ending.
But @ least we have a heart

2 Likes

:100: per cent
we r not wallowing we are grief stricken
& its not something u get over easily.
Its called a broken :broken_heart: & devastation

2 Likes

I feel that things friends say to me does not help at all they keep saying move on your meet someone and start a new life i find my self crying all the time even had people say his not in pain no more i know that but just want my husband back again

2 Likes

its only been 4 months for me

2 Likes

EXACTLY thats all we want is our old life back.

2 Likes

Oh sue u r going through hell, its the hardest thing that ever happened 2 me, was losing my lovely husband.
Hes been gone over 5 year’s & people do not understand the pain u r in unless they have experienced it.

2 Likes

Hi yes me too.X

1 Like

Its only been 4 months its like they have forgotten my husband was ever here can not understand why they are trying to push me into meeting someone i do not want to start a new life with anybody i just want my husband back

2 Likes

I feel for you sue.my wife died a month a go.i break down most of the time .she was only 62 cancer killed herafter 3 yrs fighting it.peoplesay same to me…i am like you want my old life back.i just miss her.people dont understand until it happens to you…x

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Wife my husband was 60 and i lost him to cancer its so hard my husband had been fighting it for 1 and half years i also lost my mum to cancer 2019 she lost her fight with it after 4 months of being told

1 Like

Sorry for yr loss. & people dont understand what u r going through, its a terrible journey we have 2 travel.
Take care

1 Like

Reading all your messages it’s a very painful journey worse ever today I feel I just want to be with him it’s been 22 months since I lost my husband suddenly was looking forward to getting out pension and enjoying retirement together I understand all your pain and can imaging I will feel same in five years if I got to be here having a very challenging time lots going wrong and missing him so very much so alone
Hope we we find strength to manage this life we not ready for love to all xx

3 Likes

Hi its been 4 months since i lost my husband we had no children and i was also his registered carer his family did not help at all it was hard work looking after him but i would do all over again if i could he was not only my husband he was also my best friend

3 Likes

Hi rose u r not alone grief it in it self is hell.
& u dont know what u r doing.
Im having 2 sell my flat because of service charges & council tax rises in london.
Please let this be a warning 2 any 1 selling.
Do not go any were near PURPLEBRICKS
I wasted a year with them & all i got was a bill for £2,232.00
For not sell my flat in london.
PLEASE BE WARNED
go with a real estate agent.

1 Like

bad day for me. going to try to eat and then to bed.

2 Likes

I know how u feel.

1 Like

Feeling much the same as you. Lost my beloved hubby 5 months ago and now the reality is really hitting home. I have no children and had to give my dog to a friend as couldn’t cope as my health and mental state deteriorated. My house feels so lonely but crowded places with families overwhelm me. I am told this will change in time but fir now it is a dreadful struggle. Sending hugs to you.

1 Like

So sorry for the lost of your husband i lost my husband 5 months and feel so alone i also hate crowded places

1 Like

It’s such a horrible feeling. I’ve just had a couple of nights away with a friend and two other friends of hers. My friend’s husband died some years ago so she understands grief but we didn’t talk about my situation. Coming back on my own has felt overwhelming particularly as all three of them have strong family links of 10 - 12 family members they see regularly. Unless you’re on your own without family no-one can begin to comprehend the loneliness. I feel as if I no longer have a next of kin as an emergency contact which also frightens me. I hope we can all gather a teeny bit of strength from acknowledging our hurt and fears with one another. x

3 Likes