Struggling with grief and anger

Hi, this is new to me, I lost my mum suddenly unexpectedly in December 2021, which I’m upset about as she was my mum,

I’m struggling however if my feelings are right to feel about it as yes she was my mum and I’m sad upset destroyed she’s gone, but she wasn’t the best mum and treated me in ways that have damaged my mental health. Plus was sharing information about me and my son to my abusive ex behind my back and gambling, this we found out after she passed away,

So yes I am grieving, but I’m also angry about the things above and she isn’t here to put straight, plus I have a feeling of relief that I’m not watching my back all the time or what I’m saying or if I’m going to have some backlash that will effect my mental health,

Am I wrong to feel angry and relief ???
Should I just be feeling grief ???

2 Likes

Hello MrsB2013

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It’s normal to have a range of emotions after a bereavement, especially if your relationship with your mum was complicated. It’s ok to feel both sad and angry. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

1 Like